Browning Ultra GTi Plus

Hi all,

New on hear and new to clay pigeon shooting.

Having shot air rifles for years and done some small bore rifle shooting, I'm trying my hand at clay pigeon shooting.

Decided on first gun today, but just wondered what anybody knew about it or thought of it. I always have doubts after purchases and wondered what other thoughts on it were.

Its a Browning Ultra GTi Plus. The one with the red lettering. Is in excellent condition.

Any thoughts or opinions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I had one until recently. They are a few years old now, but top flight guns. Check for cracks in the forend and the red lines -they tend to get damaged and spoil the look. Easy enough to redo them. Better handling than the Browning XT that replaced it in my cabinet. Depends how much money we are talking. If it is £600 plus, you can get a newer Miroku MK 38 - very similar, but probably in better nick. £500 - I would buy one.

Having shot with the gun it seems spot on. But as I am new to the sport I am not the best to judge.

The owner of the gun shop said that if within two months I am not happy with the gun he will give me my money back against any other gun! Thought that was very fair. So my main point is this. I like it so far, but the other gun I was looking at which seemed to fit was a Browning B525 grade 1. Do people think that is a better gun, or my Ultra Gti plus? Just want to be certain. My doubts just came when I realised that it must be an older gun.

Thanks folks

I had one until recently. They are a few years old now, but top flight guns. Check for cracks in the forend and the red lines -they tend to get damaged and spoil the look. Easy enough to redo them. Better handling than the Browning XT that replaced it in my cabinet. Depends how much money we are talking. If it is £600 plus, you can get a newer Miroku MK 38 - very similar, but probably in better nick. £500 - I would buy one.

as gordon said, great platform to shoot from, solid action, good steel to wood fit, older guns do tend to show signs of craking in the forend, one of the two i shot had a weird tendancy to "ping" between shots, dont ask me why or how, kind of like getting used to a vending machine when shooting.

your other choice of the 525, another solid tool, newer so more life to it again pending condition and us prior, me i love em, Brownings all the way, looking at the new Grand prix for the next toy.

Martin

Yes it seems a very nice gun. Think its just when you read things on here about different guns and the cost was quite a bit £895, but seems mint, then I want it to be right.

525 was 30" and looks newer. But the gti has ventilated barrels and rib. Has teague multi chokes. it's 32". Then I worry about daft things like spares in future if this is as it appears from research, from the 90s. The stock etc is all spot on, no signs of any splitting or cracking. Don't feel any recoil. Whether that's the pad that gtis seem to have or what I don't know. I know guns are different, but normally in life you think newer is better. But said it fit me well and would be good for all disciplines with chokes.

Going to try and get out again at weekend and see where I go from there.

Thanks so far folks

from the research i did, 895 is just right for a good nick one. the dearest i found was 950 and cheapest 600. remember the red inlay is more sought after so you will pay a little more than gold anyway. as long as your happy who cares. get out on the clay ground and put some rounds through it.