What's your absolute favorite gun in your collection?

Dr_Scholl

My AR-15 is my favorite gun. It's light, accurate, and reliable. It's kind of a pain to clean, however. Still, I love it.

DSC01810.jpg

Nice piece of kit, what do you use it for? target shooting or in the field??

My favourite gun is my only gun at the moment - Miroku 3800 SW, I love it to bits and dont think ill ever get rid of it, although i think i might still be in the hunny moon period :yp:

I'm guessing it's a semi automatic .223 :yp:

FM ???

Could be FM, apparently they can be done in:

.22 Long Rifle

.204 Ruger

5.45x39mm

5.56x45mm NATO

.223 Remington

.223 WSSM

6mm PPC

6mm-223 Remington

6.5 Grendel (.264 cal)

6.8 SPC (.270 cal)

.300 Whisper

7.62x39mm

.450 Bushmaster

.458 SOCOM

.50 Beowulf

.50 BMG

:lol:

My AR-15 is my favorite gun. It's light, accurate, and reliable. It's kind of a pain to clean, however. Still, I love it.

DSC01810.jpg

Nice piece of kit, what do you use it for? target shooting or in the field??

My favourite gun is my only gun at the moment - Miroku 3800 SW, I love it to bits and dont think ill ever get rid of it, although i think i might still be in the hunny moon period :yp:

Target shooting. The only game I could hunt with it in this state would be fox, rabbit, and maybe feral pigs. 5.56 is really too small for whitetail deer.

dOC, ITS OK FOR FERRAL PIGGY BUT NOT WHITE TAIL?:yes:?;)?:lol:

Why?? The pigs tak alot more putting down than a white tail , I know I have hunted them both, infact the white tail is comparable to sikka and fallow , so how the hell is it that its ok for pig????

It is and allways was a military gun and it has no place in the hunting field in my opinion, saw a guy in Texas last time I was there with much the same, scoped and with lights, nv, and laser on the thing and the US Marines and myself , all recently off tour just took the **** out of him ................................been there done that and don't ever want to go back , have you been??????

dOC, ITS OK FOR FERRAL PIGGY BUT NOT WHITE TAIL?:yes:?;)?:lol:

Why?? The pigs tak alot more putting down than a white tail , I know I have hunted them both, infact the white tail is comparable to sikka and fallow , so how the hell is it that its ok for pig????

It is and allways was a military gun and it has no place in the hunting field in my opinion, saw a guy in Texas last time I was there with much the same, scoped and with lights, nv, and laser on the thing and the US Marines and myself , all recently off tour just took the **** out of him ................................been there done that and don't ever want to go back , have you been??????

Whitetails are larger and tougher than Sikkas. 223 is simply too small to put one down quickly. Plus it's illegal to hunt deer with anything smaller than .224 in this state. Personally, I think even .243 is too small for whitetails after seeing how poorly that round has performed against the deer my dad have shot with it. One ran so far after it was hit, we didn't find it until the next day. I use a Lee Enfield for deer for that reason.

Just about every gun on the civilian market was derived from a military design. The AR-15 is no exception. They're very popular among hunters in this country because they're light, accurate, rugged, and not terribly expensive. AR-15's are made in a ton of different calibers just for hunters.

Pistol calibers:

9mm luger

7.62x25mm

10mm

40 S&W

45 ACP

.50 AE

Rifle calibers:

.22 Long Rifle

.204 Ruger

5.45x39mm

5.56x45mm NATO