logun s16-s or a gunpower?

rabbithunter2008

Do you mean in FAC as either gun in 12ft/lb could not be considered long range. The longest shot I took with my S-16 was 52yards on a rabbit, 1 shot 1 kill witnessed.

I don't know what the Gunpower will turn up to but the S-16 will only run at a maximum of 16ft/lb. Either gun would not be my choice in FAC.

Hi

Unsure which one to get logun s16-6 or a gun power stealth or storm? :oops:

I know there not every ones cup of tea.

cheers

Get the storm, must admit, its a fine gun, that can also be modded at any time really easy too.

The storm is a really fine gun, that is well worth owning between all the guns you listed.

The Storm is a high-performance take-down hunting rifle which also serves as an accurate target shooting gun too.

You will also find that the storm is constructed from aircraft grade aluminium and space age polymer combination using state of the art production techniques.

Fac Levels in 1.77 & .22

---------------------------

Max Velocity .177 850ft/sec (261m/sec)

.22 720ft/sec (221m/sec).

The barrel fitted to the storm is a high precision Walther rifled barrel of which is an excellent target barrel too !!!!!!

The only knock back on the storm i can see is shes a single shot gun, but everything else rocks about the storm.

Cheers

Replay :good:

well i have a gunpower stealth and they are a very good rifle and are more than capable of FAC powers as they were designed for FAC take a look at www.talonairgun.com there is a bunch of guys who will give you good advice and what they are capable of if you decide to go FAC, and if you do go FAC in the future i would pick the gunpower storm as you can put a decend silencer on it and it has a longer barrel and it will give you more shots per fill,and the standard silencer for the gunpower stealth is just a hollow tube and is really **** and loud,and i have heard that the logun s-16 jams and leaks air sometimes so good luck in your choice. :good:

I owned an S16 for a while and know someone with a gunpower stealth. My observations

S16 is multishot and achieves about 225 shots per fill

Stealth is single shot but achieves about 400 shots in .22 at 12ft/lb

Stealth is MUCH lighter than the S16 which can be a bit cumbersome (try it out)

The Stealth can be quite noisy even silenced.. hence why they brought out a version with a massive silencer! S-16 is v. quiet with supplied silencer.

Both are very accurate and use walther barrels (probably the same!)

Stealth can go up to about 40 ft/lb (if you have FAC obviously)

I have heard that the S16 can go up to similar power levels also

Both rifles are bombproof if you follow the instructions

Both can be picked up for a song

My recommendation if you find the weight OK is the S-16 as you get so much for your money second hand and it's a multi-shot. Bear in mind that if you normally shoot from a bipod, the weight won't be an issue. It was a bit heavy for me but I could still take quite a few standing 35 yard accurate shots before my arms gave up and I'm not that big.

hello mare

i have both the stealth an the s16, the stealth is my favourite of the two but has the problem the the tophat keeps working loose, i have to keep checking it in use but as already said, it's nice and light :lol:

the s16 was leaking when i bought it (wasn't told about it :lol: ) but it got worse and now it hisses very loudly, it's from the reciever where the bottle screws into :lol:

anyhow, when i first acquired the rifle, i loaded the mag, operated the bolt, it didn't fire so i thought i hadn't pulled the bolt back enough and did it again when actually i hadn't pushed it forwards enough, in no time i had three or four pellets in the breech :good::lol: , i managed to remove them without ill effects and once i'd realised, i operated the bolt properly.

the stealth has accounted for hundreds of ferals at the large foundry where i work and is a great rifle to use :lol:

i never made a kill with the logun as it quickly became useless du to bad seals :lol:

regards, john :lol:

• 3 months later...

Tried S16 before buying a Stealth 2000 in .177! the S16 was .22 and I found it quite accurate apart from when you don't pull the bolt back far enough so it wont fire then in pulling the bolt back a second time you load a second pellet! very anoying but easily done as bolt rquires too much effort.

I shoot targest out to 75yrds and drop bunnies at 50yrds.

I now have an S410 TDR .22 as well which I'll be selling soon as the Stealth is more accurate, I'd say the S410 TDR is better than the S16 but not just because I'm selling one!

adnt see wot every1 has abwt s16 iv got amk 1 and love it shame got to sell it credit card bill came in :@ av had this gun ayear and got it second hand had the seals go once and if ur good with ur hands u can replace them ur self took me 30mins max do strip the gun dwn and rebuild it havnt had anymore porbs with it and fired alot of shoots with it good thing about them is the shoot count 150 ish per fill and bang on target every tym the only bad thing is its heavy and can get a bit ****** off with it after along nyt never tried a gunpower so cudnt say anything abwt that but in my eyes sweet 16 anyday

Edited by northeastshooter

well

my logun s-16 is up and running and holding air now (just needed some silicon grease on the O-rings :)

having said that i love my stealth but i also loved my career (before that ****** started leaking too :good: ), the fast-fire lever action was pure fun, eight rounds gone in about four or five seconds- it took longer to load it than fire it was the only problem :lol:

john :)