Does nppc cover north east?

rayo

Rayo,

I would reconsider as the land for this years winter rape is a fair old distance from where you are.

I live down the road near middlesbrough and to shoot its about a 70 mile round trip to many of the nearest fields.

Ok, if you know the birds are there but difficult if you want to do any recces before you go out. I'm a big fan of the NPPC but the distance you have to travel can make it very exspensive.

Then again when the birds are hitting the fields hard John can call on you to sort them out, this way you know when you turn up you will be straight into some birds.

I had an invite last year and would have had some more I'm sure but it was a very busy time of year for me and I bet I missed some great days.

If are one of these lucky poeple who live near Northalerton then only a fool wouldnt join as the land you would have to shoot over is loads.

The PM

PM

I see your point i was thinking of the land around darlington about 35 miles from where i live as all my shooting to date has been of the clay variaty i am realy keen to shoot some of the feathered type! I still have not give up hope of getting land near home' one of these times i knock on a farm door i might just get lucky

:( :lol:

• 4 months later...

is there really that much land near northallerton? i live spittin' distance from there and could do with sum! been considering joining nppc for a while but dont know if it would be worth it with me bein at uni. how would i go about joinng?

Edited by paulos

so the advert says north of england how far up is north what is the most northern shoot :)

and as asked before how can you be sure your in the correct field as armed trespass is not a nice thing and anyone offering shooting should be spot on with the shoots not just giving out land reference locations, he/she should show new comers/old members to each field that is for shooting on

or at least give the farmers address so you can be sure of the correct farm/field your shooting on

it all sounds far too easy to get prosocuted to me you stray onto the wrong field NO NO NO

at the most a member in the area should be there to show you what fields

from reading what i have nppc dont show you any fields

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS IS YOUR LICENCE WORTH IT :)?

I have never strayed onto the wrong field and never had any bother from anyone, the map refrences are fine and easy to read.

As for the travelling the nearest field to me is about 50 mile round trip, I go one day and shoot the next if theres any pigoen about. John has asked me to go to another field on one occasion which was about an hours drive away and it was well worth it.

As for showing you round I don't think it's possible ,too much land and too many members .

I would be glad to show you round where I shoot nppc land but you'd have to join first.(ferrybridge & up A1 north)

Hope this was helpful.

aubs

I think aubs has summarised it nicely!I have never had a problem with finding a field and I was never on the wrong field!!!If you have the right local map and the right references (always provided by John) you should be fine.As mentioned in previous discussions I think its more than worth it!Have a look of my picture on the NPPC website(www.shootpigeons.com) on a field not far from Northallerton!(I stress its not always like that obviously!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wigeon!The northest field is at middleton tyas by scotch corner but I am sure NPPC have got land further north than that as I have shot there in previous years(its just that there is no rape fields on that land currently).The web site is down because of maintenance work(i think).If you need to contact john Shooter his number is 08707572246.I hope you find this helpful.

Hi doc ,

Have you had much luck on nppc land this year, i've found it very quiet around ripon , york , s****horpe etc. Not many birds hitting the rape and still waiting for the peas and beans list to arrive?:)???

Not Jons fault I might add, I have only been out a handful of times.

Just wondered how others have gone on.

Hi aubs!

I shoot a bit more north than what you do(north of ripon).I agree with your observations.This winter has not been brilliant on rape and thats the observation of many fellow shooters.My best bag in Feb/March on NPPC land was 40 pigeons on rape.I have had 2 very good days in Northumberland in the last 2 weeks(syndicate land,best day on barley stubble from last year(!) 113 black ones and 43 pigeons).I think we need to stay in close touch with John regarding beans/peas but I would expect things to pick up towards the end of the month on pea seedlings and possibly spring rape(a list should be out soon).keep in touch...

Savvas

• 2 weeks later...

Ive spoken to John shooter today and the furthest North they go is Yarm thats only three miles from stockton the link at the top does not work for me and the phone number i had seen on one of the forums was incorrect but i got his new number out of a shooting mag. he was very helpful and is sending me all the info for me to check out.

Mike :lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P:P:P :thumbs:

Edited by hawkeye