hospital's

bignoel

i see on the news this morning our hospital's are crawling with vermin rats mice cockroache maggots .? are these free or do we have to pay extra for them

No - you are not allowed to buy them. They have to be on prescription.

Seriously though - this is a Daily Express story - don't take too much notice.

Given that so many of our hospitals are far from new, I would be surprised if they were not having infestation problems. In any case, I'd me more worried if they weren't calling in the pest controllers wouldn't you? NOT doing anything about a problem would be a much more serious indictment. If you have never seen any of these nasties around your property, I'll be surprised. Rats, mice and beetles are pernicious and virulent pests everywhere I've ever been.

When reading about MRSA and hospital infections, remember that they are such a problem there not because hospitals are the only place they are, but because some of the people in hospital have severely lacking immune systems. A substantial proportion of us healthy fellows have MRSA up our noses right now. It is everywhere and doesn't bother us because our immune systems haven't packed up like a fair number of the people in hospital. You could stop MRSA in hospitals at a stroke by banning all visitors and putting MRSA infected patients into isolation, only we wouldn't tolerate that would we.

Hospitals spend most of their time dealing with people who are seriously sick and failing rapidly. That is why they have higher death rates than night clubs and gymnasiums.

Edited by Evilv