Zeroing my new 308

Went out last night to zero the Tikka T3 Lite 308 that I bought last week. Got it 1 inch high at 100 yards after 8 shots. Went looking for a nice Roebuck after that, or even a fox, but nothing :sly: On the way back to the car, there was a nice rabbit at approx 80 yards, so I decided to christen the rifle on him/her. A nice shot, virtually no rabbit left. I was pleased but the rabbit was a bit miffed :hmm:

Edited by steve_b_wales

Went out last night to zero the Tikka T3 Lite 308 that I bought last week. Got it 1 inch high at 100 yards after 8 shots. Went looking for a nice Roebuck after that, or even a fox, but nothing :lol: On the way back to the car, there was a nice rabbit at approx 80 yards, so I decided to christen the rifle on him/her. A nice shot, virtually no rabbit left. I was pleased but the rabbit was a bit miffed :lol:

Once checked on paper it has to be checked again "live" :blink:

Nice set up you have there, hope you get a deer soon :/

Cheers

AndyCM

Went out last night to zero the Tikka T3 Lite 308 that I bought last week. Got it 1 inch high at 100 yards after 8 shots. Went looking for a nice Roebuck after that, or even a fox, but nothing :/ On the way back to the car, there was a nice rabbit at approx 80 yards, so I decided to christen the rifle on him/her. A nice shot, virtually no rabbit left. I was pleased but the rabbit was a bit miffed :blink:

Try it on a pigeon, it's like a snowstorm!

Went out last night to zero the Tikka T3 Lite 308 that I bought last week. Got it 1 inch high at 100 yards after 8 shots. Went looking for a nice Roebuck after that, or even a fox, but nothing :/ On the way back to the car, there was a nice rabbit at approx 80 yards, so I decided to christen the rifle on him/her. A nice shot, virtually no rabbit left. I was pleased but the rabbit was a bit miffed :blink:

Try it on a pigeon, it's like a snowstorm!

Or cormorant on the fishing lake ,black snowstorm . Harnser .

do you think you used a big enough calibre lol

However,

conditions for the possession of such

firearms should allow the certificate holder to

deal with reasonable eventualities, for example

pest or game species or the humane

destruction of injured animals on the estate. :good:

I'm missing your point I think, Isn't that why people have firearms? For pest or game species?

Mine does have the condition that you refer to;

A; The lawful shooting of deer.

B; The shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife.

Covers all bases methinks.

and I bet not covered by your licence?

be careful who you tell. :good:

However,

conditions for the possession of such

firearms should allow the certificate holder to

deal with reasonable eventualities, for example

pest or game species or the humane

destruction of injured animals on the estate. :)

I'm missing your point I think, Isn't that why people have firearms? For pest or game species?

Mine does have the condition that you refer to;

A; The lawful shooting of deer.

B; The shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife.

Covers all bases methinks.

Bob , say that you don't have fox on the ticket for hmr but you come across an injured one, then you are within the law to put it out of his misery .

:)

My gun went off accidently officer :) It was such a tragedy that the poor defenceless rabbit was in the direct line of the flight of the bullet : :good::)

Ah - it went off accidentally did it laddie. Well then, let me see. That probably means you can't be trusted to have a gun without endangering the public. Hand it over here then like a good lad eh. Evenin' all.