Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rang local FEO but he is unavailable till Monday so will have to ring then. I got my cabinet today and on wednesday I am getting it bolted to the wall, so hopefully I will get some news soon on the status of my application.

I'm thirteen (twelve when i applied), in linconshire and it took 8 Months, various phone calls including one about my schools weapons policy, "We know your a member of your schools CCF, we know that the school have rifles (.223 automatic rifles) onsite which students have access to, but just calling to ask for a techers name to conatct the school about there no weapons policy." I can see why it would have affected my application, but still it was a pointless phone call.

One Month in for me, rang told me to ring back in 3 weeks if I've not heard anything from them. Merseyside..

FEO just Rang comming out On Monday, Just done the interview over the phone, so he says he will be with me the time it take to view my cabinet.. OH YES !!

Visit over, took all of about 5 mins, Cert with me within 10days I was told...

Edited by Ian E

Hello everyone :look:

It's been a while since i've posted but i have been keeping a keen eye on things...

I think my application was around ten days from posting the app., the visit and licence back to the door :D

...but i think it was mostly to do with the fact that i was applying as a necessity as i was starting as a hobbyist underkeeper and he already knew the shoot owners and the headkeeper(lucky me) :lol:

Oh yeah, nearly forgot...this was in the Gwent and S.E Wales constabulary.

Just got mine today, 9th February. Application posted on 3rd January, FEO visit on 27th January and FEO Came today to check secured cabinet and to give me the certificate. Just shy of 5 weeks. Kent County Police

Edited by Guest

I took my licence application in personally to West Midlands police headquarters on 3rd December. It turned up two days ago, but there was a delay because of Christmas, my home phone not working, and not being around for gun safe check/interview. If it had all gone to plan it would have taken about 5-6 weeks.

Rhiannon

I am very glad I took the advice of people on here and have already got my certificate, since originally I wantde to apply at the beginning of March and have the certificate by April my birthday, but I am definately glad that I have applied sooner.

"My daughter (13) applied for hers, got the 'interview' 10 days after she posted the application form , certificate came through 6 days later - Cheshire"

Wow good luck to her David, I hope she becomes a fine shot. I like it when I knwo that this sport will have a future due to the fact that yougn people are getting certificates and practicing for this discipline.

FEO just Rang comming out On Monday, Just done the interview over the phone, so he says he will be with me the time it take to view my cabinet.. OH YES !!

Visit over, took all of about 5 mins, Cert with me within 10days I was told...

Well Good News Chaps SGC has arrived.

App in 30th Dec 08 - Arrived 21st Feb 09 Mersyside

From some of the storys I've heard about Mersyside, that isn't to Bad, thou I will openaly admit it's driven me nutts at times waiting, oh if you read this Ronnie thanks very much !