pellets

MM

My experience of darts - of at least 40 years ago - was that they were fine at short range - ie up to about 5 metres, but above that the aerodynamics of them and their weight and drag of the flights, compared to a pellet made them inaccurate. As a teenager I imagined that you could punch holes through a bird with a dart - but you just could not hit them at anything other than very short range.

Surely for hunting you (if you are looking for penetration) would need to be looking at pointed pellets, but with the downside, apparently of less accuracy compared to roundheads.

What is anyone's experience of JSB Predators which would seem to give a dart profile without the downside of a dart's weight and drag from the flights?

Try Air Arms Tru Hunters

Same weight as the AA Fields, blunt rather than sharp points and v. near as accurate as the domed one's.

Damn son of a b**ch squirrel chewing through the bird feeders this morning...... but not any more.

Didn't like the taste of AA's & fell like a rock. Made a right old "Thwack!"

well, give a bit more than that. do they not group well? do they fall apart/ spin? go on fire???

god damnit man, let us share the knowledge?

imagine firing an arrow with it stuck through a tin can mateyou just wouldn't do it.

sorry about the reply i see now you obviously never used them before, try a bit of target practice first, you will soon see what we mean.

well, give a bit more than that. do they not group well? do they fall apart/ spin? go on fire???

god damnit man, let us share the knowledge?

imagine firing an arrow with it stuck through a tin can mateyou just wouldn't do it.

sorry about the reply i see now you obviously never used them before, try a bit of target practice first, you will soon see what we mean.

have you ever seen the damage a tin can can do fired at 11lbs :yp:

on a .22, 5.5 bb pellets fit, but have just a little bit of the end broken off. God for close range rats, squirrells and the odd mouse :stupid:

At anything longer than about 13m you want proper pellets, but have fired cocktail sticks with the blunt end in blu tak, to fit the barrel :good: and also spitballs (wet paper in a ball) is fun for shooting other people :good: (who have accepted to be shot).

Oh, and a leather needle in blue tack is a nasty close range weapon!

Got some JSB predators.

Expensive and they don't fit the Rowan magazine - too long

But they shoot true and even I can't load these the wrong way round, so now all I now need is a squirrel or pigeon to grace the bird table ..........