caesar guerini

mirokujames

here you are taken from a sporting shooter article and a quote from our very own Matt of shootwarehouse (as good a bloke as he is a shot).

cheers KW

Matt Hance

England and GB Fitasc Team member

Gun choice: Guerini Summit Trap 2007 model

Barrel length: 32in

Usual choke choice: ½ and ½

Time used: 1st year

The balance is very good, it’s very smooth and very pointable. It is exceptional value for money. It’s also aesthetically pleasing with a colour case hardened finish; the quality of the finish on these guns is fantastic for the price. The patterns it produces are tight, ½ choke in my experience is throwing as tight a pattern as ¾ on a different gun. The shot strings it produces are awesome.â€

im fancying a summit sporter next year at some point,my local gunsmiths (dickson and macnaughton) in edinburgh is a reseller so ill be paying a visit soon to have a feel. did you get the custom stock or just standard?

It's completely standard, as fas as I'm aware. The comb is a bit lower than most sporters I've tried, and I quite like it that way. There is quite a bit of palm swell as well which I like. One thing I'd change is the shiney finish (varnish?) to the stock to an oil finish.

8 chokes is slightly overkill, but they look far more understated (in a good way) than most extended chokes, plus they are clearly marked.

I'm sold on them....

Just had a go with one of these at our national championships (police sport UK) last week

There was a chance to win one on the pool shoot, as long as you won it with one of there guns. Unfortunately I'm not that good :blink: :no::huh:

:stupid::hmm: VERY nice shot guns :drool: :drool:

I bought a 32" Summit Trap a couple of weeks ago - brand new. I actually set out to buy a Miroku, but ended up with a

Caesar Guerini. The finish is excellent and the handling is spot on. Not too light, but feels very well balanced.

I agree about the chokes - very tight. I didn't get a 1/2 choke, but not sure I will bother now. I used 1/4 and 3/8 for Sporting with Eley 7 1/2s. It powdered anything it hit. I still own a Browning XT and Miroku MK38, so I can compare directly. The value for money is better with the Guerini. Roughly the same price bracket a the XT, but better woodwork. Barrels are very, very nicely finished.

Only niggle - chokes were a bit stiff the first time I screwed them in. They have eased now. Highly recommended and a bit different.

im liking these reviews, there the same money as a beretta and tbh i find berettas far to common, i like something a little bit differant. i also like the idea of being able to get 2 sets of barrels.

I think you are making a correct and informed choice on the CG.

The customer service is excellent and advice is free and fair.

Mike & Kev at CG have done an excellent job in promoting the brand in the UK.

If you want Mike's (MD) number pm me he will be more than happy to speak at length and offer advice.

Hi, new on tonight, i also shot one of these guns last week at the same pool shoot as 1754, so hi up there, i used the Maxim, heavily scrolled, 30" barrels, nice weight and feel.

I also didnt manage to get the gun, however i liked the gun and shot well with it from the first clay onwards.

The Maxim came in at £2495. Good price for a whole load of gun, dont know what the resale would be like, saw an advert in the press for the same gun ad said that it had only a few hundred shells down it and was in as good as new condition, they were selling it for £1495.

bargin!!!

I liked the feel of the gun and for having just picked it up would have been quite happy to play with it all day.