garyb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary

I'd say the problem lies with the mod more than the screw cut on the Gun, as Pin say's he had good grouping when he shot it.

Best bet is to get Joe to change the Mod but make sure he gives you a new back bush. I'd phone him again and remind him that its a heavy barrel so that he can get a bush cut to the right size and ready for when you go to the shop.

Regards

PELT MAN

• 2 weeks later...

Update..

The shop have finaly had the gun back from the gunsmith.

Word on the street is that they can find no evidence of the round clipping the mod...

One theory is that the barrel is a 1 in 11 twist, and is having trouble with the various 50grn rounds i've been using...? - Not quite sure on this as I only have the problem with the T8 on.. ? :blush:

I'm going to test some 55grn and 62grn in it again tomorrow and see...

Watch this space....

used to be a fan of the t8s, but not anymore, the fact that you can take em apart to clean them is ludicrous, if you see the ammount of dirrst that builds up in them i think youll agree with me, id invest in a predator 8 mod, in my opinion they are better than the t8, you can fully strip them and they are dead easy to clean, it also shrouds the barrel slightly to maximize sound moderation, theyr well wroth the look into.

we put it on the buckmark as an experiment!! all you could hear was the action snapping back and forth!!,

also, you can buy different adapters so if you use it on a .223 you just buy a forend adapter replacement in the specific size, eg: .243 .308

we put it on the buckmark as an experiment!! all you could hear was the action snapping back and forth!!,

also, you can buy different adapters so if you use it on a .223 you just buy a forend adapter replacement in the specific size, eg: .243 .308

That sure is some sound moderator ...........is it made by Carlsberg ?

PROBABLY :yes:

Compare the groups from MOD - ON to MOD - OFF.... I can find no issue with either myself or rifle, when the mod is not screwed on.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? - It's quite clear from the picture ,you can even make out the shape of the bullet !!

Gary

All i can say is that I had to remove a considerable amount of material from the stock to ensure the barrel remained free upon firing .You think its free floating but sit it on a Bi-pod and things can change .

I thought I had it cracked but instead of using the 12-27" harris bi-pod i decided to leave the legs up and use a bail of straw as a rest .Un be known to me the feet were touching my T8 ever so slightly and from previous groups of less than 1" @ 100yds Iwas shooting 3"+ :yes: It just goes to show what a slight touching of the barrel and its mod can do .

Centre fire can soon land you in the funny farm if you ain't careful

Good luck

not sure about that one! :yes: but its bloody good

So you can run a business card or similar under the barrel without it touching the stock?

I would get the opinion of another riflesmith, if it works ok with the mod off I just can't see it being twist rate/bullet weight?

But as Ive says they can drive you nuts at times with the odd things they do.

Easier said than done, but it would be nice to get another mod on there to try.

Edit to add.

I may not actually be touching the mod to through the bullet off, not sure what anyone else thinks about that?

The shop are being good about it, and have told me to return it again after testing some more ammo that they gave me for free yesterday.

The theory goes something like... after a couple of rounds through the setup, the built up of "smoke" and gasses are enough to de-stabilize the lighter 50grn rounds with the mod on... so I'm going to try some 55grns federals again and see...

If it still plays up, they will swap the mod, and it may even not be a T8 :)

The theory goes something like... after a couple of rounds through the setup, the built up of "smoke" and gasses are enough to de-stabilize the lighter 50grn rounds with the mod on... so I'm going to try some 55grns federals again and see...

their theory sounds like a crock to me - i use my T3 .223 and 50grn bullets on the range, it shoots fine with the T8 on even with 10 shots shot quickly