Recommend me a training book with lots of pictures

Mungler

Well Bessy (10 months) arrived today and is currently settling in. Make that sniffing in.

Her mother worked the syndicate the last two years and was extremely bidable, very good natured and very one to one.

I wouldn't have had any other cocker had I not seen mother in action and the father had checked out.

Fingers crossed.

Well Bessy (10 months) arrived today and is currently settling in. Make that sniffing in.

Her mother worked the syndicate the last two years and was extremely bidable, very good natured and very one to one.

I wouldn't have had any other cocker had I not seen mother in action and the father had checked out.

Fingers crossed.

P.R Moxon

Very old but very good i have a copy if you would like to borrow it sometime.

Also try simon tyers dvds they are very pricey, but do tell you what to do when things go wrong and they do go wrong even to the professionals. So when are you going to post some pictures ?.

ATB

Alex

Edited by jasons gold

Afraid it fails on the attention span front, as it is a more indepth tome than some, but Keith Erlandson's 'The Working Springer Spaniel' is an essential read. A man who sussed the character of spaniels very well and who realises the differences between training cockers and springers (contrary to the specific nature of the title it is really a general spaniel training book).

It also has one of the best graphic illustrations of how a spaniel should work the wind.

You can keep reading it again and find out more information from it every time :good:

If she will stay still long enough I will get some photos up later and bore you all to tears.....

She's settling in well and most importantly (touches wood) not a sniff of aggression - no barking and no growling and the kids think she is better than sliced bread.

I took her out last night and this morning for a walk and I am out of practice - I got home and walked in without checking my boots. I must have stepped in something an inconsiderate owner had left behind. Deep joy.

It is a pet hate of mine, it seems *turn generalisation on* all owners of fat labs locally feed their dogs god knows what and they do massive human sized dumps all over the place *generalisation off*

It is to do with their owners feeding them stuff their bodies can't break down or use so it exits out the other end :good:

We feed our mutt freeflow meat, either tripe or chicken of some other stuff and his pooh is small, hard and without smell, AND he doesn't dump on footpaths.

Get some pictures of the new addition up Mung - we like doggy pictures

Mung,

Welcome to the world of spaniels, the best book I have found is Training spaniels by Keith Erlandson. I have several others but none come close.

If you want a hand to run through the basics let me know.

Cheers

Martin

That's the book I meant - got both and it's the more useful of the two :good:

Get some pics up Mung, cockers pups are great

Mung,

Welcome to the world of spaniels, the best book I have found is Training spaniels by Keith Erlandson. I have several others but none come close.

If you want a hand to run through the basics let me know.

Cheers

Martin

I Have a cocker on order,hehe. 18th october, wife is like a kid waiting for christmas.lmao.

I have been looking into book to try and help make the transition form puppy to gundog/house dog a little easier. the books i have found by Keith Erlandson are the working springer spaniel and gundog training.

Is it the working sringer book that your talking about or is there another one that i cant find.

I will be, hopefully, popping over to see puppy this week so i might have to see if the camera works this time as i stuffed it up on the last visit.

thanks gents.

Kind regards

Phil.

Sorry my mistake,

Training spaniels is by Joe Irving

The working springer spaniel is by Keith Erlandson.

Both are very good

D'oh!...... i have just ordered the other two.lol.

Right i'll go order that one as well.hehe.

I was told to read gundogs, training and field trials-by-P.R.A Moxon, so i bought it, it's the 17th edition but the wife says it is a hard read.

right back to amazon to place another order.lmao.

thanks

kind regards

Phil.