Flat decoys...are American pigeons more stupid?

Nial

• 2 weeks later...

I watched about 2 mintues, and got bored.

Some people say I'm a tad harsh towards yanks.

But the shooting the bird on the ground at 1.39, and taking silly shots at 1.42 pretty much sums up why I feel such a way. (4.48 too)

Edited by Bleeh

I watched about 2 mintues, and got bored.

Some people say I'm a tad harsh towards yanks.

But the shooting the bird on the ground at 1.39, and taking silly shots at 1.42 pretty much sums up why I feel such a way. (4.48 too)

I skipped it forward then at 8.03 they was shooting a pigeon on the floor with a cow very close to it :)

I skipped it forward then at 8.03 they was shooting a pigeon on the floor with a cow very close to it :)

They also appear to be shooting into the cow shed (that isn't very far away) at one point.

Interesting that the flat decoys appear to work though.

Nial.

Our own shell decoys aren't that far removed from the 'flat' state and flat or silhouette decoys have been in use for many years for all types of birds, ducks, geese and I believe you can still buy them for Golden Plover. The yanks have numerous 'flat' style decoys for wildfowl so yes they do work (sometimes :) )

The pigeon they shot in america from the words of an american net friend are doves, pretty near our collared variety, well in his neck of the woods .

Read somewhere when i 1st started shooting 25 years ago about flat decoys, made some out of black leatheret for crows and they did work, had better results with todays plastic type , but then im older and wiser :wub: ok older. :wub: