SGC

jonnyoftheboy

gents....

Can any of the more experienced amongst you give a newbie an idea of how long I may have to wait for my SGC to come through after the FLO has been out to my house?

My local FLO is due to me on weds, & the application has been in 2-3 wks.

Does it tend to take an age after the visit? or is it often quite quick? any replies from anyone with knowledge from the kent area would be appreciated....?

jon

:yes:

roll-on..... I can just about live with 2-3 weeks.....!!! am turning into an addict.....!

gun safe fitted, should be an "approved" location!

thanks for the replies chaps...

:good:

another quick question guys, if anyone can tell me.....

I have a mate who I have shot with on an accompanied "lesson" at JJ's. he wants to shoot, but not so sure whether he wants to go the whole hog in buying a shotgun, fitting cab, etc - family committments and all that. Is there any sort of licence that he can get that allows him to go round unaccompanied (having hired say a club gun).... ? or would he have to get a cab fitted at least & get a SGC ..... then just not worry at this stage re. purchasing gun..

any thoughts?

???

I don't have a cabinet and got my certificate no problems... luckily for me my Dad has one so just keep all the guns at his (I did discuss all of this with the guy and he assured me it was fine). They just said that if/when I get one of my own I'll have to get it inspected before I can actually keep anything in it!

Edited by Drive By

I don't have a cabinet and got my certificate no problems... luckily for me my Dad has one so just keep all the guns at his (I did discuss all of this with the guy and he assured me it was fine). They just said that if/when I get one of my own I'll have to get it inspected before I can actually keep anything in it!

Important point here!

does your dad have a SGC?

If so then your gun(s) must to be on his SGC if your gun is in the same cabinet as his gun(s) and he has access to them

If he doesn't have a SGC then he (or anyone else) MUST NOT have access to the cabinet keys.

Even so I am not sure the Licensing authority would be happy with you storing guns on someone else's property if they don't have a SGC.

• 2 weeks later...

Called firearms dept in kent yesterday a.m., just under 2 weeks from visit from FLO (who visited 2 weeks from application).... they said has been done & is in the post. Got back from shooting lesson yesterday lunchtime...... there it was sitting on the mat!!!!!!!!!!

WEY HEY!!!!!!!!!

An Beretta S682 for £750 is now sitting in the cabinet!!!!!!!!!

Thank you VERY much Kent Police. All done in under 4 weeks...... very helpful, very efficient. :rolleyes:

:yes:

aaahhh Richie... I tell you....awsome.

Only prob now is I went out on my own to Willow farm last tues... couldn't hit a thing.

went to west kent on friday.... improved..... but still not like I have been shooting in the lesson!

so busy this week that most prob won't get to shoot.... although an outside chance for fri pm at west kent.

but have a lesson on sat.... so hopefully sort things out!

• 2 weeks later...

lesson was better on sat..... & yeah you're right richie.... it is supposed to be enjoyable.... & I keep being a little hard on myself....! But I so desperately want to be good. & in the lessons & I have been awsome.... but it has been a totally different experience when on my own!

practice makes perfect I suppose....