FAC Arrived :)

Lloyd90

Got a 22LR Lined up from a mate whos doing me a deal. Browning T Bolt (The Straight Pull One) with scope and moderator on it :look: nice gun it is been out shooting a few targets, hoping to get out soon on a rew rabbits :)

The 17 HMR Im pondering... I like the Savage BTVS hehe, although it might be a CZ Silhouette in 17hmr as they are also very nice :yes:

Get a Sako Quad - They are excellent and you could get both 17HMR and 22LR barrels (as well as future upgradable to 22 WMR or 17HM2 if you add them to your ticket).

One note though don't go for the BDC scope that Sako Recommend, its a gimick - get whatever scope you like but get quick release mounts (ie quick release from scope rail).

I have a quad and for the money it is awesome. 17HMR easily sub 1/2" at 100 Yards.

A few other points with regard to the Quad. A SAK mod is the one to go for if you want the quietest report - With 22LR all you can here from mine is the hammer hitting the firing pin and the bullet hitting the target - frighteningly quiet.

If your shooting rabbits with 17HMR I would recoomend the 20 grain hollowpoint rather than the Win ballistic tips (I found it does less damage to the bunnies).

I know you have mentioned getting a second hand 22 from you mate but if you have some funds to spend why not go for a multi role outfit.

One last thing - If sound is not an overly important issue and you can put up with a crack roughly the same as a unmodded 22 then just go for the 17HMR... Trust me once your fired the 17 HMR you will only use the 22 if sound is an issue.

Cheers and happy hunting

Mike

I have fired the 17 HMR a few times mate, cracking round. Being a student/just finished being a student lol money is tight.

I put down both calibres because I do intend on getting the HMR BUT for now with the 22 being ALOT cheaper to run then I shall be going for it hehe :) would love to go for the quad but its a bit pricey for me tbh.

The browning will serve me well for a few months atleast :yes: and then we shall see where I end up.

A few months down the line I intend to do a 1for1 variation and have one of them changed to a 223 CF. With this in mind we shall have to see how it goes lol! Cheers for the advice though mate :look: appreciate the input :yes: