What gloves to get for roughshooting?

malkiserow

Maybe I am getting older but I feel the need for some gloves

Any ideas for good and bad gloves from your experience?

I am after gloves what will get mostly field use so must be tough enough for thorns + occasionally barbed wire etc

thanks

Edited by malkiserow

So do you want gloves to keep your mitts warm or to put on when tackling thorns (barbed wire) ect?

I'm not that experienced but I can't imagine gloves that would do that job and give you enough feel when holding a gun.....! It would be like trying to hold a gun with gardening gloves :D

I brought some green neoprene gloves, the ones that the ends of the fingers fold back so you can still use the trigger. Same ones as item 380078130745 on the auction site.

Worn them twice to walk the dog, they were really warm but are ripped already so I don't recommend them.

Don`t know what make etc.they are but I bought a pair of woolen gloves that are fingerless with a mitt if it`s cold and the thing that sets them apart is they have a long cuff that keeps the hand warm. I loved them so much I bought another pair a few weeks later just in case.............15 years later I still have, the much darned originals and a spare pair as well.

I have a drawer full of useless fishing and shooting gloves, none will do all that you want.

For stalking in the cold (Scotland in other words) I wear Seeland Beaters, they are warm, possibly too warm and waterproof, but they won't take too kindly to thorns or barbed wire.

For thin warm'ish bt not wterproof gloves, the silk lined leather ones are good but expensive.

Ditto the above, neoprene gloves are most useless of them all.