Sunday Shooting

greeneddie

What is the etiquette (I had to check the spelling on that!) and law relating to pigeon shooting on a Sunday. I am well aware that the law does not allow game shooting on a Sunday. I was wondering whether the grey hordes starting to gather together on my local rape fields are afforded similar protection by law, or perhaps it may be considered to be bad form to be letting off a 12 bore whilst the urban dog walkers take their Sunday strolls?

:lol: According to the COUNTRYSIDE & WILDLIFE ACT 1981. I Quote:

This act makes it illegal to shoot certain birds at any time of the year. Other birds may be shot by authorised persons at any time except on sundays in Scotland, on Christmas Day and on sundays in England and Wales in those areas where Sunday shooting has been expressly forbidden by order of the SECRETARY OF STATE. These other birds are: Dove, collared. Domestic Pigeon gone feral. Gull, great black backed, lesser black backed, herring. Jackdaw. jay. Magpie. Rook. Crow. House sparrow. starling & Woodpigeon. Unquote.

The Act then goes on to state the seasons for game birds and a few do's and dont's.

Personaly I know of no areas that the secretary of state has put expressly out of bounds for sunday shooting. (unless you know different).

I know this doesn't help much, but I enjoyed writing the reply as it saves me sitting with the wife watching eastenders!!! :lol: