Airguns online, for the money, or fir the quality?

rabbit assassin

Hi, as many of you will know, there is an airgun selling site called www.airguns-online.co.uk which sells very cheap airguns and accessories.

For example they have a 12ftlbs springer for just £35.95 or £50.95 including p&p to your local gun dealer. You can get a CO2 for as little as £95.95 but i dont think that they sell and PCP's.

I want a new CO2 but havent got the money for anything recognisable (e.g. a webley, diana, HW...) so i looked at this site.

For £115 inc p&p i can get a lovely new CO2 and some nice pellets to go with it, however, i just dont know if its any good.

So, i pass it over to the critics, or the general public of PW members. Anyone think thier guns are any good (or bad)?

Thanks alot,

Rabbit assasin.

P.s. if it turns out they are any good i suggest everyone has a look on thier site cos they have got loads of cheap stuff! from scopes to pellet traps to deaks and lamps.

I bought my new XS78, SMK 4x32 scope, mounts and a padded gun bag from Ronnie Sunshines for £117 plus the magazine at £54.95 from Rowan and an Ian Lamb tuneup at £65 makes the whole thing less than £240.

Using it since July, I have taken 10 woodpigeons off the garden and 2 off my permission.

4 squirrels off the garden.

It is light, shoots reliably, does the job and comes with a year's guarantee.

and is half the price of a secondhand PCP

Yes - you do get what you pay for!

Edited by amateur

I agree with amature. If its more of a garden gun or a light usage gun then the QB78 deluxe i think is just about perfect for yo. I just fitted a silencer and bipod to mine and its certainly more than adaquate for hunting. I've had rabbit headshots at 40 yards and it shoots reliably. If its cold then stick a hand warmer on it. Its worked for many of us including myself. If you can afford it then yes go for a PCP since its just that little bit more simple but i enjoy my QB78 Deluxe so much!

Lewis

yes thats fine amateur on a fine sunny day, try using the same gun on a cold winters morning

and see how the power has dropped!!!i ,ll stick to pcp,s and springers , but its horses for courses

as long as you enjoy it thats the main thing.

regds brian

Cold winter mornings?

I'm still under the duvet

one major drawback is you cannot send airguns in the post any more, so you'd have to pay your local dealer to receive the package - consider that cost if you do order.

i'd save up and buy a reputable make, or have a look for a second hand one

25 quid

As with many things in life, you get what you pay for.

Save hard and get something you can be proud of and have no problem selling on if you need to.

toooooooo toooo true.

buy a used branded bsa or summert for 100 quid.

you cant even entertain live quarry with co2 in my opinion.get a bsa meteor or comet or get a used bsa/hw/webley youl never regret it mate.

them 35 quid guns i bought for garden shooting with kids many moon a go,there ok but you can try live quarry with them un less extremely tuned up.

triggers are so hard you feel like your fingers broke when you actually releas it/barrells like a banana straight out the box and guaranteed summert gonna fall off.

sorry for harsh words but its the truth.

been there and done it and now built my self up to mid priced pcps

you cant even entertain live quarry with co2 in my opinion.get a bsa meteor or comet or get a used bsa/hw/webley youl never regret it mate.

them 35 quid guns i bought for garden shooting with kids many moon a go,there ok but you can try live quarry with them un less extremely tuned up.

triggers are so hard you feel like your fingers broke when you actually releas it/barrells like a banana straight out the box and guaranteed summert gonna fall off.

This may be your opinion, but does that mean that those of us who are successfully using our CO2 rifles to regularly shoot pigeons, rabbits & squirrels are somehow misguided?

25 quid

toooooooo toooo true.

buy a used branded bsa or summert for 100 quid.

Definitely have to dissagree with that comment. I use my CO2 rifle for rabbits, pigeon, squirrels and the usuals often. It groups 10 shots well within an inch at 30 yards and on a good day i've had just over one inch groups at 40 yards but thats because of my errors not the gun.

Anyone who says CO2 is useless has either had a really duff gun or has no experience with CO2 guns whatsoever. If CO2 just isn't your thing then my XS20 (spring) does the job out to 45 yards as well. One hole groups at 30 yards these days with both guns so whats the problem using them to hunt?

Lewis

I've been using a CO2 for a while now and it's powerful and cuurate enough to consistently drop a rabbit at 40 yards. In the cold it can lose power if you are out for a long time, but slipping a handwarmer in with eth cannister sorts that out easily.

If you're interested I'm seeling a great Umarex Airmagnum with scope, 2 mags, new cannister, bipod and silencer for £270!

you cant even entertain live quarry with co2 in my opinion

Most of us don't try to entertain them - just shoot them. :rolleyes: I don't give much credence to those who make such ridiculous statements anyway. A CO2 gun has exactly the same killing power as any other gun of matching power and my CO2 guns match my S400 for power and accuracy. It's a pity all the live (now dead) quarry cannot give them a testimonial!

Edited by Biffo1262