Cartridges

dazza

Never thought of that. Any ideas how old they would be?

I'm most certainly not a historical cart man, but I've had a poke about and found references in catalogues online to the "BONAX" brand from 1911 and 1929*. I found another reference to 20 bore BONAX from (according to the site) "pre 1896".

* It is worth noting that according to this website in 1925 Eley and Kynoch were merged, at which point - and I quote, "The Eley name is preserved by renaming all Nobel sporting ammunition "Eley-Kynoch", which suggests to me that your carts are pre 1925 because (as far as I can see) there is no mention of Eley on them.

As far as value is concerned, there is a guy selling a paper cased Kynoch BONAX (inert) with a starting bid of £2, so you might not be sitting on a small fortune, sadly.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on here will be able to pick up the baton from here and tell you more.

HTH

ZB

Edited by Zapp Brannigan

shooting_fourm_1.jpg

well i dont know if this helps but these are all live rounds all in very good condition there all 12 gage apart from the bottom 3 boxs which are 20 gage in boxs of ten aparently there only worth £40 at auction :angry::lol:

Watch out, the ghost of Jeremy Beadle is trying to steal a box of Gyttorp Roda!

ZB