0ne for one

dannywayoflife

Can you gents help me out. I have on my fac a .308 slot but to be honest id rather change the slot for an fac air rifle. Will i be able to change the .308 slot for a fac air rifle slot via a one for one and therefore not have to pay another £26 for a variation?

Thanks guys Danny

I changed my .17hmr slot for a .223 and there was no charge :yp:

26 quid for a variation ?! over half the cost of applying for it in the first place....!

they know how to charge hey ?

Hardly a rip off in this day and age is it? I had an FEO out doing my FAC grant interview yesterday, he was with me for over an hour, had a 30 mile round trip, plus all the office time, background checks, printing of cert, maintaining records etc and all for fifty quid.

As for a variation - again someone has to spend time reading and processing the variation and even if it only takes an hour (I suspect longer in many cases) then £26/hr is a very reasonable charge out rate. You'd pay more than that for a scruffy 17 year old YTS grease monkey down your local garage.

One thing's for sure, they're not making a profit out of it and must be massively supplemented by taxpayers money (try justifying to your average Daily Mail reader why they are paying for plod to issue certificates for guns and not be out chasing criminals).

Hardly a rip off in this day and age is it? I had an FEO out doing my FAC grant interview yesterday, he was with me for over an hour, had a 30 mile round trip, plus all the office time, background checks, printing of cert, maintaining records etc and all for fifty quid.

As for a variation - again someone has to spend time reading and processing the variation and even if it only takes an hour (I suspect longer in many cases) then £26/hr is a very reasonable charge out rate. You'd pay more than that for a scruffy 17 year old YTS grease monkey down your local garage.

One thing's for sure, they're not making a profit out of it and must be massively supplemented by taxpayers money (try justifying to your average Daily Mail reader why they are paying for plod to issue certificates for guns and not be out chasing criminals).

Lest we forget who pays the FLOs in the first place.........

The taxpayer pays the FEO I'd have thought? If so, I see no problem paying £50 for a 5 year FAC. It takes a lot of work to issue doing security checks etc, and if you look at it in a more reasonable manner then a UK fishing rod ticket costs more than that per year! What do the environment agency have to do for that, apart from print it :rolleyes:

Getting the .308 was no problem the feo didnt bat an eye lid gave me a slot for a modorator as well! I will need the 308 in the future but wont be for some time and have much more use for fac air at the mo!! :good:

Why not variate the moderator slot for the FAC air rifle and keep the .308?

If you then need the .308 for the odd outing you already have it, minus the mod.