Mumbai

Curly87

Just wanted to say thoughts go out to those who have been injured or kill in Mumbai last night, so far it is reported that seven British people have been injured and it is likely that number will rise.

A tragic thing that happen, and being out here has made it feel so much more real, especially as I was in Mumbai only a few weeks back staying in that area that was attacked. Weird to think that I was drinking beer and relaxing in leopolds cafe one of the major places that got hit and now it is such a scene of chaos

We have a lot of people from the company who travel a lot to Mumbai luckily no one was up there when it happened. Im currently living in Pune which is about a 3 hour drive away from Mumbai, so pretty close to us really.

I was also planning on heading up there on the 7th to watch a big Live Earth gig which bon jovi was playing in, think ill give it a miss now!

Cheers for the concern guys! Will be keeping my head down for a bit now, think I will be staying out of Mumbai for awhile as well!

Just heard from a good friend of mine here in Pune, that one of her friends was taken hostage, thankfully she was released last night and unharmed, a real shock to hear though!

hellokitty – I hope your friend is ok, I am sure he will be, keep us posted!

AIRARMS – completely disagree with you mate, some of the nicest people I have ever met have been out in this part of the world, here in India it has amazing people, great food, cheap living, it certainly feels a darn sight better than England at times! :good:

These people who cause this terror as we have seen in the past come from all walks of life and from all around the world!

The sad part of this is that it is now reported that some of the terrorists were british born pakistani's!

So how long before this happens in this country?:good:

birmingham? Bradford?

The mind boggles

you're forgetting Luton in the list, thats the scary bit and why we need to be in Afghanistan and why the Americans keep hitting people in the remote areas of Northern Pakistan. They're all being trained and until the training and brainwashing is stopped we're all at risk.

This attack is so simple in its planning that it could happen over here, London would be pretty unprepared for on street urban warfare, and lets face it it wouldn't be difficult to get the weapons into the country