Pigeon shooters wanted!!!

starlight32

I was in my local gunshop today trying not to spend money so found myself reading the notice board. One particular add on A4 paper stuck out like a sore thumb..

Reliable, honest pigeon shooter wanted to cover 500 acres of rape.

Must be flexible and put good hours in. Land rover provided, cartridges provided and gas bangers to assist with covering areas.

Rate of pay to be agreed by negotiation

Wind up or not?

Well I phoned the number out of curiosity.....And yes it was true, farmer wanted someone regular other than weekends so thought he would go the other way and offer something to get the best response.

And guess what?

He still ain'nt found no-one.

I will be quite honest when I found out the land rover was 10 years old, the cartridges offered were only cheapies and he was only offering 8 quid an hour I knocked him back too :hmm::good::yes:

Seriously though is there a decline in pigeon shooters these days?:yes:

Edited by starlight32

hmmm i think if i was getting paid to shoot pigeons all day id gladly take a pay cut!!

stupid question, but have none of you guys got holidays from work?

think about it - take 2 weeks off work so get holiday pay from work, plus the extra pay from shooting the pigeons, PLUS if you get ear ache from the other half you can claim its only for the money, its a paid 2 week shooting holiday!!!!

hmmm i think if i was getting paid to shoot pigeons all day id gladly take a pay cut!!

stupid question, but have none of you guys got holidays from work?

think about it - take 2 weeks off work so get holiday pay from work, plus the extra pay from shooting the pigeons, PLUS if you get ear ache from the other half you can claim its only for the money, its a paid 2 week shooting holiday!!!!

:good::yes: He aint stupid !! Wish I lived somewhere close, get 8 hours in this time of year, £64 cash a day in ya hand ? And no retired folk to snap his hand off :hmm: What is the world coming to :yes::yes:

:D Only eight quid a hour and your turning your nose up they must be paying you too much down south you want to try living up here mate :P i would do it for nowt plus supply my own cartridges.

snap is hand off my lead to sumat else :blush:

Then you'd live int cardboard box int farmers yard & feed off't scraps he chucks his pigs.

Edited by PERCE