Man arrested in A&E with live ammunition

Dr W

Would you really get your ticket revoked for having shotgun cartridges on you in an A&E - As far as I'm aware you can carry cartridges wherever you like - there is no law stipulating anything different as appose to sec 1 ammo (obviously apart from in places like the airport security areas etc).

To be honest, as I said before, I can't see (from the press report) why he got nicked it's not an offence to have them with you in a public place... I still think there is more to this story than publicised.... + who's to say he even has a SGC.....

Edited by Newsportshooter

Bang on

Nothing, save common sense, to stop you wandering about the whole time with a box of No6 in your pocket.

Total over reaction by the plod, whilst firearms law is complex, so is traffic law. It's not an excuse for a qualified bobby to do something because they don't know the law.

Whilst I wouldn't wander about with shotgun carts if I didn't need them for a lawful purpose I wouldn't expect to be arrested if one was found stray in my boot when I wasn't engaged in lawful shooting activity.

Different matter with FAC ammo, completely different matter. I'd expect to be asked serious questions if I had a couple of 60grn .223 live shells in my pocket and I couldn't explain why.

Bang on

Nothing, save common sense, to stop you wandering about the whole time with a box of No6 in your pocket.

Total over reaction by the plod, whilst firearms law is complex, so is traffic law. It's not an excuse for a qualified bobby to do something because they don't know the law.

Whilst I wouldn't wander about with shotgun carts if I didn't need them for a lawful purpose I wouldn't expect to be arrested if one was found stray in my boot when I wasn't engaged in lawful shooting activity.

Different matter with FAC ammo, completely different matter. I'd expect to be asked serious questions if I had a couple of 60grn .223 live shells in my pocket and I couldn't explain why.

Thanks for agreeing - Just wondering why you blame plod though? Like I said there is very little in this article to explain why the bloke was nicked in the end. This could quite easily be (and is more likely to be) the press sensationalising rather than old bill falsely arresting him...

Lets face it if any of us (with FAC/SGC and a small ammount of knowledge of the law which is a prerequisite to owning firearms these days) were stopped in such circumstances I'm pretty confident we would be able to give a little suggestive advice should an over eager copper start suggesting the removal of ones liberty...