Glitter ball

hogey

A farm i shot on last month the farmer was using some kind of ball with ribs in to catch the wind, stuck in the field brightly coloured with some mirrored pieces in to scare the birds off the rape.

big spinners! plenty of farms around here use them ( the birds just ignore them?)

as for glitter balls they were sold as crow attractors until the legal implications put a stop to them, I saw one working and by god it dragged in jackdaws like water to a drain?

based on this sort of thing but stuck on a pole oh and of course useless if cloudy

cheers KW

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skytronic-151-585-...l/dp/B000J32LTQ

Me too, I tried a sort of one out, not for shooting but to see if it worked but attracted 'microlites' and it must of been seen from further than I thought, which is the risk - not worth taking.

I found the best method was to find where crows are feeding and if they are ignoring a 'gas gun' - great, set up your stall and enjoy :lol:

I found one crow on a magnet with some line resistors to slow it down worked well but it needs more experiment. Sitty trees in the summer with a concealed approach works well.

Must try the soft toy owl this summer on magpies :drinks: Happy new year

I have one gathering dust in the garage bought it of Deco a few years ago worked on jackdaws great,scaffman 73 and myself tried it and had good success.

Then we found out they were illegal so its been stuck in the garage ever since thought about sending it back to Deaco for a refund as it was sold as a crow attractor but decided it wasn't worth the effort. Would have got sod all back in any case.. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:;) £49 wasted :)

Edited by hawkeye