Digital Callers

30-6

For observing our feathered friends, is the U caller or the Call master a better bet ?

Is it only the one supplier that sells the Call master or do several outlets do them ? If more than one supplier can anyone recommend a good price ?

CHEERS

For observing our feathered friends, is the U caller or the Call master a better bet ?

Is it only the one supplier that sells the Call master or do several outlets do them ? If more than one supplier can anyone recommend a good price ?

CHEERS

If it helps to come to a decision, I recently played a callmaster with the crow call and within 5 mins of intermittant calling had about 30 rooks wheeling above my hide, I switched it off and was able to take several nice left and right photos, I dont have a U caller so cannot compare but the Callmaster with remote is imo the dogs...

Rgds D2D

• 1 month later...

:unsure: Have had callmaster since they were introduced. A truly superb bit of kit. Have now on the strength of that, bought the new(ish) fox chip which has the single crow call. Again, superb. However, help! I'm quite deaf due to small fast jets while serving in RAF and find it hard to differentiate higher pitched sounds. Could anyone who has one of these chips please tell me what :wacko: the 6 fox calls relate to?

I too have had the Callmaster since they were introduced. The Magpie call is the most authentic sound that I have ever heard, and I have taken many, many photo's of our feathered friends as they came to investigate this sound.

The rabbit and hare are also good for fox. The crow sound I found to be useless (my opinion) and the rest of the sounds I don't use. I have'nt bought, or heard, the new chip that can be added. The Callmaster is an expensive bit of kit, but I think it's okay.

:unsure: whatever happened to shaking a quarter full box of matches to attract magpies, or licking a piece of polystyrene and rubbing it slowly across a small mirror to attract foxes. In fact the fox one really works well it actually sounds like a small animal dying in pain, i'm sure people on here have tried it, if not, do you'll be pleasantly surprised

:cry1: I agee with Steve B. I got the new chip because the original crow call was useless. The new one is a single calling bird instead of the "roosting chorus". It still has the old rabbit in distress plus a new one which is the more usual plain squeak. They are not cheap but if you are out and about a lot, you do get a professional bit of kit for your money.