Opening an air gun club in shirley / solihull

younggunner122

Try joining the UKHFT network and ask for your club to join the comp circuit for the year...it will get you some exposure ofr new members.

Make sure you have good kitchen and lavatory facilities...also try to allow members 7 day access to the club ranges/plinking etc...

My 2p worth...

gets off soap box...

I would become a regular providing fee's we're reasonable and i'm sure many of the lad's that go purley would also come.

post on airgun bbs ft/hft section as there is load's of purley chase lad's on there.

contact ukhft and register with them as i'm sure you will ned to have approved land for this kind of thing a long with insurance which i'm sure BASC would sort out for you.

you would then ned to work out fee's and see if they will cover the year's insurence and land cost's.

you need to get a 1 year membership fee sorted and get people signed up or take the chance an pay out your own pocket and hope for the best but i'm more then sure a load of purley member's will come.

have a look on bbs for purley chase and look for luke or google there website.

and ask look for some info,his a good lad and runs purley and im sure he would be more then willing to help you set this up as he is also very experienced and a heavy hft/ft competitor.

i wish you the best of look and count me in

decent equipment would draw people, such as targets to shoot. You have bells that ding when you hit the bull, spinners, silhouettes of animals that you knock down.

Also a Chronograph maybe to test the power of your rifle ? And competitions between shooters of various skills to see who's the best shot :good:

Try joining the UKHFT network and ask for your club to join the comp circuit for the year...it will get you some exposure ofr new members.

Make sure you have good kitchen and lavatory facilities...also try to allow members 7 day access to the club ranges/plinking etc...

My 2p worth...

gets off soap box...

agreed,you need to be open as much as possible which is one of the reasons i dont attend purley chase "they only offer onece ever 2 week on a sunday".

join airgun forum,bsa owners,aaowners,hunting life,falcon owners and all the rest and post this same thread.

write down all people who have shown interest and contact us once it is available.

you will need a few people to help set out the course's.

you need a plinker for zero too,toilets i would not be to worried about but you may need to get approved,specially for official competitions.

a bbq is also a good idea and another way of making a bit of money for the club, bottle fills also would be a good idea for funds for the club.

Hi all, im new to this site, so make allowances for me eh!! Anyway, I live in Marston Green, not too many miles from Solihull, and was looking to join a local air rifle club, for tips, company, and others that enjoy the hobby, so,......is there a local club out there?

Again thanks for all of your advice guys it is coming in handy.

We will have a chrono and it will be manditory to chrono when you shoot at the club because of the land and the insurance.

We will most likely run fairly regular competitions because they are great fun :(.

Deffinately will be usein bells (mainly because i think they are ammusing).

It is going to be a while till start up mainly because of money issues (given the current climate not that uncommon :) )

more replys would be appreciated.

all the best

• 4 months later...
Ok me, my dad and a few other avid air gunners are thinking of starting an air gun club in the shirley to solihull area.

Im looking to find out if many people would be interested. It would be an FT and HFT range for non FAC air rifles.

Any opinions and sujestions will be greatly apreciated

hi im in south ******* it sound a good idea been looking for one closeer to home.

i was travelling to nottingham.

if it comes off i dont mind lending a hand setting up and the likes just give me a pm.

cheers kev.

:good:

Edited by AIRARMSTX200

Me and the Boss are always looking for somewhere different to shoot that is pretty local.

What do we look for?

a)To shoot under cover

b)Plenty of plinking targets - not just one or two - ask for target donations

c)Two big trees labled ladies and gents

d)At least open all weekend - can't stand those every other Sunday places where you always loose track and end up going on a "closed" day.

Just my thoughts............

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would be really interested, tried like hell to find active club in Birmingham but only found one open twice a week 1900pm-2100pm. Idealy would like at least one day availability any time, (Saturday)? But the idea of a club is great. Will support you to the hilt...........Brian. ???

By the way just for the record I live near City Center (Newtown)

Edited by westy1946

• 9 months later...
hi young gunner could you let us all know what the latest is on the new club lines are you have some willing followers here already. just think of the revenue so far.

cheeres kev. pm you also.

:good:

Hi

I have recently read this posting, I am the Secretary of the Solihull Rifle and Pistol Club and our Club is looking to open up to air rifle shooters. We have an indoor and an outdoor range and are looking for new members to help us provide additional shooting options for new and existing members. Our web page is www.solihullrifleandpistolclub.talktalk.net

Cheers

srpc

sounds like theres a lil competition here m8 . But if i was in your area m8 i'd be inclined to support the start up of a new club than expand the club thats already up and running and is only opening up for members now because theres competition when before they would turn you away!!! maybe i'm wrong but thats how it comes across i know in my area all the small buisnesses being pushed out because of the big ones pushing the smaller ones out !!! sorry but it really bugs. me good luck with your venture m8 seems like you have a fair few lads here get that club up and running and get some dollar :good::good:

jimmy

Ok me, my dad and a few other avid air gunners are thinking of starting an air gun club in the shirley to solihull area.

Im looking to find out if many people would be interested. It would be an FT and HFT range for non FAC air rifles.

Any opinions and sujestions will be greatly apreciated

Hi mate yorky stu here .Pleased to here that bit of news.Keep me posted. :good:

• 8 months later...

sounds all good need to find somwere to shoot don't think we would need to worry about Isurance etc to start of with because it could be classed as a mutual aggreement between friends like a private meeting etc we could firstly bring our own targets untill we had enough money in our "kitty" to par for some providing the land was privatly owend and there was no public right of way i cant see it being to much of a problem now we just need to find some privatly owend waste land with some permission from the land owner