Pigeon shooting on TV

greybeard

Hello

I have been asked by the Country Channel TV (www.countrychannel.tv) to make a programme about Pigeon Shooting so, as I am a member and a pigeon shooter I can not think of a better forum to post such a request on, so here goes.

What I am looking for is a shooter to feature in this programme. The story will take the form of ‘ a day out pigeon shooting’. I would like this to take place on a spring drill as this is a superb time to decoy birds. Not only that, it is a very photogenic time of year.

What I am after is a person that feels confident enough to appear on camera and take us through the day. He/she will talk to camera and explain what is going on, what decoys are being used and why. Why we place the hide in a certain place, setting out deeks, the use of the rotary, flapper etc, in fact, everything about a days shooting right down to what to do with the bag at the end of the day. A dog is welcome as long as it is steady and well behaved otherwise it would be best left at home. Lord know filming is slow enough so the less delays the better.

I will of course be there to prompt and direct you through it but I will not appear and all my questions will be cut out.

The idea is to cut together a piece that will be good for the experienced to watch but also have something to teach the novice.

I would like to come on to your ground at a pre arranged day when the pigeon are ‘on’ and film through the day, bearing in mind that it will not be the normal days shooting as I will be asking things to be stopped and repeated, but hopefully, a lot of shooting can still be done.

There are certain requirements needed to make this programme. They are.

A person who is confident and fairly articulate and can ad lib with ease.

Is an experienced pigeon shooter.

Has access to some good land

Is willing to participate.

Lives within 60 miles radius of Bath. This is to cut down travel time (mine)

If you would like to offer your services then please PM me from this site. I will gladly talk through any questions you may have.

It should only take one day to complete.

The Country Channel is growing in size and audience. It is accessed through the internet or on Sky channels 167 & 168.

It is the channel that all country sports lovers have been waiting for and at the moment there is no pigeon shooting on it. I hope to remedy that with your help.

Best wishes

Greybeard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I have been asked by the Country Channel TV (www.countrychannel.tv) to make a programme about Pigeon Shooting so, as I am a member and a pigeon shooter I can not think of a better forum to post such a request on, so here goes.

What I am looking for is a shooter to feature in this programme. The story will take the form of ‘ a day out pigeon shooting’. I would like this to take place on a spring drill as this is a superb time to decoy birds. Not only that, it is a very photogenic time of year.

What I am after is a person that feels confident enough to appear on camera and take us through the day. He/she will talk to camera and explain what is going on, what decoys are being used and why. Why we place the hide in a certain place, setting out deeks, the use of the rotary, flapper etc, in fact, everything about a days shooting right down to what to do with the bag at the end of the day. A dog is welcome as long as it is steady and well behaved otherwise it would be best left at home. Lord know filming is slow enough so the less delays the better.

I will of course be there to prompt and direct you through it but I will not appear and all my questions will be cut out.

The idea is to cut together a piece that will be good for the experienced to watch but also have something to teach the novice.

I would like to come on to your ground at a pre arranged day when the pigeon are ‘on’ and film through the day, bearing in mind that it will not be the normal days shooting as I will be asking things to be stopped and repeated, but hopefully, a lot of shooting can still be done.

There are certain requirements needed to make this programme. They are.

A person who is confident and fairly articulate and can ad lib with ease.

Is an experienced pigeon shooter.

Has access to some good land

Is willing to participate.

Lives within 60 miles radius of Bath. This is to cut down travel time (mine)

If you would like to offer your services then please PM me from this site. I will gladly talk through any questions you may have.

It should only take one day to complete.

The Country Channel is growing in size and audience. It is accessed through the internet or on Sky channels 167 & 168.

It is the channel that all country sports lovers have been waiting for and at the moment there is no pigeon shooting on it. I hope to remedy that with your help.

Best wishes

Greybeard

Hi there,

do you have proof that 'Country Channel TV ' have asked you to do this? Just so we know that its not just you wanting to produce a shooting dvd for yourself to sell??.

Also will the person who is being filmed have a say in the editing and final piece before being shown?

Cheers

Hi

Thank you for your comments.

First of all, how can you know if I am an anti if you do not contact me? The truth will soon be out when I start putting the programme together. I can spot an anti in the first conversation.

Also, how can I give Country Channel references -- again, If you don't contact me. Do you expect me to give phone numbers on this forum.

I have nothing to hide. I can give you all the safe guards and checks you need, but first we have to have a dialogue. If you don't ask, you will never know.

I have long standiing credentials that can soon be checked. I have been shooting pigeon for 40 years (this march). I have been wildfowling for 32 of them I have held a committee position with a very well known wildfowling club. I have been making TV programmes for 15 years, some with the Natural History Unit.

All true. All very easy to check.

It really makes no difference to me whether anyone on this forum wants to take part or not. I will be able to find a pigeon shooter sooner or later, I just thought, by reading this forum, you all seem a knowlagble lot so I would offer this chance to present a programme to the people of Pigeon Watch.

When the rprogramme is finished I will get back on and let you know so you can watch it.

BTW, as the country channel have commissioned it, all the footage will be their copyright so no, I won't be making a video to sell, but thanks for the trust.

Also, as such, editorial control will be with them.

I am not out to stitch anyone up. All I need to do is make a programme--- about pigeon shooting. :lol:

Thank you for your time.

All very interesting. Not quite getting the whole what's in it for me bit, but there you go, that's selfish me. There will be someone who will do it for the love of getting their mug on the telly or helping the greater good (whatever that may be) or promoting their pigeon shooting / guide business :lol: . I think everyone on here is grown up enough to know that editing in the wrong context will make an expert look like a monkey, so do check everything out and make sure you ain't being set up for a fall.

Edited by Mungler

Hi

Thank you for your comments.

First of all, how can you know if I am an anti if you do not contact me? The truth will soon be out when I start putting the programme together. I can spot an anti in the first conversation.

Also, how can I give Country Channel references -- again, If you don't contact me. Do you expect me to give phone numbers on this forum.

I have nothing to hide. I can give you all the safe guards and checks you need, but first we have to have a dialogue. If you don't ask, you will never know.

I have long standiing credentials that can soon be checked. I have been shooting pigeon for 40 years (this march). I have been wildfowling for 32 of them I have held a committee position with a very well known wildfowling club. I have been making TV programmes for 15 years, some with the Natural History Unit.

All true. All very easy to check.

It really makes no difference to me whether anyone on this forum wants to take part or not. I will be able to find a pigeon shooter sooner or later, I just thought, by reading this forum, you all seem a knowlagble lot so I would offer this chance to present a programme to the people of Pigeon Watch.

When the rprogramme is finished I will get back on and let you know so you can watch it.

BTW, as the country channel have commissioned it, all the footage will be their copyright so no, I won't be making a video to sell, but thanks for the trust.

Also, as such, editorial control will be with them.

I am not out to stitch anyone up. All I need to do is make a programme--- about pigeon shooting. :lol:

Thank you for your time.

Thanks for your reply.

Firstly what is replying to you on this forum if its not contacting you?

You said ''If you don't ask, you will never know''. I did ask, in my previous post.

No one has suggested that you want to stitch anyone up, but if you or the shooter has no control over the final edit then who's to say they wont use it to produce something anti?

As previously stated you should contact BASC, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

All the best with it and I look forward to watching.

Chris

I think everyone on here is grown up enough to know that editing in the wrong context will make an expert look like a monkey, so do check everything out and make sure you ain't being set up for a fall.

Indeed:

...........Also, as such, editorial control will be with them.......

At least give him a chance. Why not pm him and see where you stand before you all jump down his throat and tell him he's a wrong un. Who knows he may be pucker and it is a good thing. At the end of the day if you are careful you can have a say what it's all about.

Cheers. :lol:

At least give him a chance. Why not pm him and see where you stand before you all jump down his throat and tell him he's a wrong un. Who knows he may be pucker and it is a good thing. At the end of the day if you are careful you can have a say what it's all about.

Cheers. :lol:

I agree, first talk to the guy in more private and see what he has to offer.

I bet that if he offered to pay £2000-00, then he would of been swamped by offers.

But good luck to him.

Regards.

:yes:

Thank you again for your comments.

I do not want to get into a situation where I am accused of one thing and then I am back defending myself. If you have already made your mind up that I am an anti then why bother PM ing me. Just save time and condemn me without actually talking to me.

Chrispi. If you think by posting on here is 'contacting me' then I am sorry. I did ask for personal e mail to me so that I can discuss things in more detail.

If you also think it will be cut to make you 'look like a monkey' then ask yourself why -- better still, ask me. Why would the country channel take that line?

Anyway, my request is still open. I am happy to talk -- person to person. I am happy to meet. I am happy to give out phone numbers for references if you wish to call them. I can not be more fair than that.

I don't know what else I can do at this early stage.

Thank you again for your time

of course you arent going to put down your phone number on the forums but if you were legit you would have posted your name... "hi im XXXXX and i have been asked by..."

I have held a committee position with a very well known wildfowling club.
surely any person holding committee position at a well known wildfowling club would be proud to say the name of said widfowling club... until we see some proof that your legit i dont think we should trust you...

im not trying to start a fight but im saying that we havent seen any proof...

of course you arent going to put down your phone number on the forums but if you were legit you would have posted your name... "hi im XXXXX and i have been asked by..." surely any person holding committee position at a well known wildfowling club would be proud to say the name of said widfowling club... until we see some proof that your legit i dont think we should trust you...

im not trying to start a fight but im saying that we havent seen any proof...

Maybe he does not want to give his name or anything else for exactly the reason everyone wants to slag him of. I would nt put my name on here.

Mark

You may have a point on the name. My name.

As I said. I have nothing to hide. I will publish my details. go to www.stewartmackay.com

So there goes my forum ID. At least it will improve the hit rate on my web site.

That is it now as far as correspondence is concerned on this. If you are interested then please contact me.

Thank you again for your comments.

I do not want to get into a situation where I am accused of one thing and then I am back defending myself. If you have already made your mind up that I am an anti then why bother PM ing me. Just save time and condemn me without actually talking to me.

Chrispi. If you think by posting on here is 'contacting me' then I am sorry. I did ask for personal e mail to me so that I can discuss things in more detail.

If you also think it will be cut to make you 'look like a monkey' then ask yourself why -- better still, ask me. Why would the country channel take that line?

Anyway, my request is still open. I am happy to talk -- person to person. I am happy to meet. I am happy to give out phone numbers for references if you wish to call them. I can not be more fair than that.

I don't know what else I can do at this early stage.

Thank you again for your time

Apologies there. :lol:

However, some of your previous posts just got me thinking.

If I have miss interpreted you then I sincerely apologise, and as I have previously stated, all the best with it.

Hi

I wonder if I can have a moment of your time.

I have recently joined this forum and I find it very interesting reading all the information that is stored here. I have been shooting pigeon/ wildfowl since methusla was a lad so know a little bit about the subject.

That said. From my research I have noticed that there seems to be a complete lack of DVD's on pigeon shooting, be they the A/ 'how to' kind or the B/ 'this is a day we had down on a Wessex farm' kind.

Now my question is this. As the membership seems to cover the country (uk) and beyond, would you say that this was a true observation. I admit that although my research has been long, I am sure that I can not get information on all that is out there. Or have I? in other words, are there so few that they don't show up?

My other question is. Would this be the type of DVD that would appeal to pigeon shooters. I know as far as I am concerned when I get into something I buy everythng available, books, mags, films, picture but perhaps I am a little OTT -- but i don't think so.

If the footage on You Tube is typical of what is available then our sport is not very well represented on the moving image front.

So! if they were out there, what would you prefer to see. A or B or both.

Your thoughts on this would be most welcome.

Best wishes

Greybeard :yes:

ps. the last one i bought was the John Batley Archie Coats which was very well shot and produced. Others I have seen were more of the home movie type. Not something I would strive for.

Sorry. Forgot to mention.

Yes I do have a DVD rewriter. Why do you ask?

Greybeard

Since his website is open for public view then there should be no problem with me putting this here from his website.( if there is then ill edit it)

This is only some of his clients on there, now im not saying it`s for real, but if he puts it on there then it would not be in his interest if it was fake, Since any one that will do business with him will check it out first.

Client List

ITV dreamteamTV GMTV

ITN DiscoveryUSA Carlton

BBC2 National geographic History Channel

I think some of you chaps got smacked with a wet fish in the face :lol: