to shoot or not

perfect

Well not a fantastic morning, after driving around the fields i have permission for i found one with some heavy pigeon activity, the adjacent field had a few rabbits about looking for food through the tiny amount of snow we had overnite, drove onto my first field at 09:30am and it started to snow, 15 minutes later full on blizzard. nothing was flying around due to the ammount of snow even the rabbits had gone. Visibility was about 10 metres. bit of a lost day today.

Snow around Dover is meant to clear overnite so i`m hoping that the pigeons will have some feeding to make up for tomorrow.

Anyone else had any luck?

Its white over with snow, is it worth going pigeon shooting tomorrow over corn ?

Go !!! I had one of my best days (was from about 09.00 - 13.00) with horizantally driven snow(at times). but don't forget, you need to clear some of the rape or whatever you are shooting over!!!!

As fast as i was clearing snow it just covered back up again (stubble), also started drifting up around my decoys which looked abit weird. i`m glad i have a ford ranger as all my permission is up and down hills. Went back out for an hour to see if there is any change and it`s set in for the day, i did manage to get 3 pigeons but they were due to finding them slowly dying in the snow due to cold and lack of food so i shot them with my air rifle i carry with me, (i can`t get the knack of necking birds or rabbits so i find it more mercifull to use an air rifle).

Oh and i towed 3 members of the public up a hill that all got stuck in a little convoy so quite quiet really.

Went back out today, had a drive around to see what was about, got on the first field at 09:30 to find pigeons feeding, they flew off as soon as i arrived and never came back, got under a flight path on the edge of some woods but they wouldn`t take the decoys on the rape. Hit 2 with 2 cartridges so pretty lame, they don`t seem to be in the right place.