Guinea Fowl

Poll, about your permissins  

106 members have voted

1. 1. About your permissions

• Yes, i have permissions
    • Yes, i have permissions but i pay for it
    • Yes, i have my own land
    • No, i have no permissios

250 acres of grazing for pest control ,1 lawn tennis club for rabbit control,3/4 acre garden for rabbit and squirell control,250 acres of mixed grazing and arrable for rough shooting and pigeons,2 other 1/2 acre gardens for occasional rabbit blitzes and syndicate member[2000 acres of game ,wildfowl and pest control],not to mention a stroll round on mates permissions from time to time.phew there just arent enough hours or days in the week

I voted that my permissions are free as this is basically a pigeon shooting forum, but I have to pay rent for my game shooting ground and most of my stalking ground, also membership of a couple of wildfowling clubs. All my pigeon shooting, rabbiting, vermin control is free along with some rough shooting and also some deer stalking which I get for helping the game keeper.

I have about twenty joint permissions in Leicester and about 15 joint ones in Cornwall, My Brother lives in Cornwall and we have each of our names on them so we can shoot there individually if we wish. Some are only 4 acres that need occasional attention on foot, some a little larger where we can make an evening of on foot and some where we can drive onor between all night. Some are air rifle only, some frangible bullet only, some no fox, some we call first but mostly we decide to shoot at too late to advise the farmer unless we wake him. All are agreed for Lamping over.

Some are only unavailable to us from August till February to avoid disturbing game birds. We generally concentrate on game shoot farms during Feb 2 till Aug 1 then catch up on the others the rest of the year. Each of them therefore get a good rest for bunny to forget about guns. We frequently shoot all night and have soon made a big impact at each location so the stand down time works well for us. Farmers are very pleased at the way we clear the problem soon after resuming the job.

All our permission forms indicate either of us may be accompanied by anyone else so we can occasionally invite other forum members to join us. Some farmers pay us back for bullets if we get the reciept made out to them. I consider myself very lucky that all it costs me is 4 bottles of single malt and a small hamper each year for some of them.

i have permission on 2 farms in northumberland only a few hundred acres but better than nothing

mainly rabbit and fox shooting and the occasional goose and corvids i have the sole shooting rights on them aswell

and they are free i dont pay to shoot on them got my eyes on another couple of farms to ask to shoot on aswell in the near future

I pay for some my permission. Allot of the land around me is taken up by a few large wildfowling clubs, not my cup of tea. Most of the other farms in the immediate area of Ellesmere Port are already shot over and I have drawn a blank with the farmers.

But still some free shooting to be had not least of all on the estate where I go beating, but I also choose to pay to be in a small club that gets me shooting in woods and farms about 15 mins drive from my house.

David

I have lots of permission wher im from, but farmers are really easy going about it and just say yes corse you can when i ask, i have only recently had a couple to sign a form to show the police if they ask about my SGC. I think the others would look at me like im mad if i asked them to sign a form, does evryone on here have written permiossion? or do you just have verbal agreements? i work on a lot of the farms too though from time to time if that makes a difference? Should i really get them to sign something? id feel a bit rude i think!

SP