Diary Keeping

winchester

I dont know :P if this is going to be of help to any of you, But here goes.

As a shooter i knever knew how important it was to be able to account for your day and whereabouts,

(not only when out shooting.)

After my little do with the plod it soon became very important that i could account for my whereabouts on the days in question. :good: Luckally :good: i used to wright everything down in a diary :blink:

this is how the plod work ( in my case they did) Once you have proven your whereabouts on the days in question in my case with tacos, :good:

To justify there actions they said being as the witness made his statement late he could have made a mistake and it was infact the last two weeks of Jan or the third week in Feb and you were not working on theose days, :yay:

These dates came out of nowhere thin air but used to justify the decision made by the plod :yay: These days were mentioned in court to which i asked where did these dates come from as they were not on any statements :hmm:

Then they said you were not working on those dates. :hmm:

My reply was sorry to disapoint you but i was :good: , i then asked there breef where were you on 30/1/08? she just looked at me, But i can tell you where i was.

Anyway take from this what you will, But i would strongly recomend all firearms holders keep a accurate up to date diary for every day so if (GOD FORBID)this happens to anyone else by anties you have a record. This will be my very last post on here , My i wish you all the best of luck and thanks to you all for the surport and friendship.

Regards Winchester

Edited by winchester

I do keep a diary and have for the last 22 years. I have all 22 years worth stored in my filing cabinet at work. The scripture is purely work orientated, meetings days off holiday of staff the usual boring rubbish. I don't keep one for the days I am not at work and i certainly don't add personal information of days off. To be honest I think your situation was an isolated case. I don't think it is justifable to keep a diary for the days I am not at work.

Thanks for the advice anyway for what its worth

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

I'm with Jono, I don't keep a diary and yours does sound like an isolated case. But its also something you've got to get over all the bitterness and the feeling the Institution is out to get you won't do you any good now. The only way forward is to pick yourself up and move on, you could still continue your hobby but you would need mates to help you do so.

i dont keep a diary but all my activities are logged in work (my calls are recorded, everytime i access a file my initials are encoded in a database, etc) so its a no brainer for me - if im in work i can definitely prove ive been there, proving where ive been when i wasnt in work would be the only problem B)

I don't keep a diary for the time I am not at work but I have a couple of permissions that allow anyone on to shoot.

I think I will keep a record of when I am at these permissions just in case one of the other shooters does something I am blamed for.

Bit over the top i think, obviously there is more to Winchesters story or situation, sounds like he was accused of something that he didnt do. But I still think that we all innocent until proven guilty and dont feel the need to write down where I have been every day. Life is too short.Maybe keep a diary of what was shot and when.

Have I missed the point here ? BTW WHY leave the forum, do you feel that due to posting on here that this got you in trouble in the first place?