Eye dominance

As my user name says I can shoot as if I have **** in my eyes. So I decided to take a lesson gun fit, bla, bla, bla,

A bit of back ground shooting with a Browning ultra adjustable comb.

Natural left hand shooting off right shoulder. Carried out eye dominance. showed left eye domin.

Now not that good to start but now even worse with one eye shut.

After a couple of days carried out the eye domin test. Point at object shut one eye then other.

My eye domin keeps chainging :o

Was thinking of shooting off left don't know what to do now :good:

Any ideas?

it is possible you like me have two independant eyes. This is like having two squints and means I cannot judge distance at all well as you need to we bifocally to triangulate distance. By blinking I can be left or right eyed. That said my sight is better on my left eye and it's the most dominante. Pick up a tube and pretend it's a telescope that should answer your dominance prob.

I thought I was left eye dominant and after having a lesson at my club with an instructor he found out that I was right eye dominant and after explaining the way that I must shoot from now on I feel much more confident that I can hit the clays more. So yeah for me at least (because I wear glases) it was very important finding out which eye was my dominant one.

If you think you have eye dominance problems, I would seriously suggest a trip to the Optician, before the Shooting Coach.

Assuming you are right handed , if you habitually close your left eye when shooting, then a prescription lens for your right eye to correct long range vision might help.

Shooting with both eyes open may not solve the problem, because your binocular vision may also need correction (by spectacles).

I wear varifocals and have eye dominance problems as well, I sorted it out by having a special prescription made up for my "shooting glasses".

An eye test (after fully explaining your requirements) will be cheaper than lessons and gun alterations, which may not be necessary.

left eye dominance is a real problem for a right handed shooter but can be corrected with either modified prescription glasses and or training the right eye to become dominant, i have a friend who had this problem and didnt wear glasses so he trained his right eye to become the dominant one by wearing safety glasses (not the big grinder use ones but normal shape) with a thin smear of vaseline on the middle of the left lense to partly obscure his vision whenever he was shooting and any where he wouldnt get laughed at, watching tv, driving when safe, walking the dog etc, and in about 6 months the dominance changed now he shoots both eyes open with no problem, it was a bit of a chore but it worked,

give it a try, good luck

mikee

Well eagle eyes if I was shooting your averages I'd be using the boys black widow :hmm:

On a more serious note did'nt shoot off the left due to the rib taking of the droped comb :yes:

Sorted out the barrel selctor :yes:

Reset the comb ,now in a totaly diferent position :)

The misses denies all knowledge of the loose comb even though eagle eyes and co think she sabotaged it to get her averages above mine :hmm:

But it won't be long before she does :good:

So have you set it up for left hand, right hand or are you planning on shooting from the hip.

Steve

The way I am shooting ......... I'll have my back to the stand and shoot between my legs .......

Or worse still I'll start shooting like uncle mike goto improve the average .

Oh still set for right shoulder

Going to try the plastic rocket on the left :good: