what does everyone think about American gun laws

jammy1800

just thought i would get a discussion going.

personally i think American gun laws (or seemingly complete absence of them) are way to loose. everyone in this forum may think it would be cool to own a couple of pistols and machine guns but surely everyone would agree that they are not really necessary (i can see a use for pistols for defence against bears or something a good idea in the US but not here). The main point however has to be that almost anyone can buy themselves a gun in America.

Id prefer our gun laws than theres to be honest.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just thought i would get a discussion going.

personally i think American gun laws (or seemingly complete absence of them) are way to loose. everyone in this forum may think it would be cool to own a couple of pistols and machine guns but surely everyone would agree that they are not really necessary (i can see a use for pistols for defence against bears or something a good idea in the US but not here). The main point however has to be that almost anyone can buy themselves a gun in America.

Id prefer our gun laws than theres to be honest.

Nice.. A personal jab ??? I think you might want to get back on line a do some research.. Like i had said so many times before.. I do not agree with all laws, but they are mine.. If you allow a single right to be taken than then the government will surly try to take more.. It not people like you or I we watch out for but the thugs.. I am a lrage lad 320 pounds and i can hold my own against any man, but not against a person with a weapon.. i doubt i shall have any sort of problem, but should it happen? I am ready, besides i know how to shoot that which i carry..

but if u were to shoot someone in defence and kill them surely you would get put in prison? if no one was to carry guns in the first place others would not be tempted to.

here are two lawful scenarios for you? Lets say someone is threatening me and i am sure of bodily harm.. i will say," Stop i am armed." If the person still comes at me threatening me with bodily harm? Than i can take him out.. But my levels of use of force shall be different as i am a large man, than it would be for a 5' tall woman.. And should you empty a clip on the person when it wasnt needed? Than you go to jail.. Say you were over here for a visit? And you were getting roughed up? Legally i can help you as this is called 3rd person violence.. You must realize that there are so many more that shall never carry a gun then the actaul numbers that do, AND every one of us is well versed in when and when not to use force.. Most people that carry are aware of the responsibilty of having said weapon..

but if u were to shoot someone in defence and kill them surely you would get put in prison? if no one was to carry guns in the first place others would not be tempted to.

So if all law abiding citizens were to hand in their guns they'd be ok, because all the local gangbangers would hand theirs in too? Can you spot the flaw in your arguement? ???

Although the situation regarding gun ownership in the U.S.is fraught with the associated problems that it brings, I think the Yanks are right to vigourously defend their right to own arms.

Beware the government that wants to completely disarm the civil populace. They`ve probably got something unpleasant in store for you!

people arent allowed to carry guns all the time in the uk but people still do and innocent people still get killed

Why do we even bother talking about this ? it doesnt concern us and will always end up in a mass argument in which everyone will think they are right and others are wrong...no matter how well informed, or should i say ill informed they are !!

Because it is a topic that elicits emotion.. And is far more exciting than talking about the weather :good: Do you not agree Mr. Reed Bradshaw :yes:

What intrigues me about this discussion is there are people who seem only to willing to tell the government "yes you are right, I am far too incompetent to be trusted with a firearm, so instead I will put my blind faith in the fact that you can possibly get a PCSO around in a couple of days or so in the event I or my family ever get attacked by criminals who take no notice of the laws of the land and have countless guns, pistols and full autos when they have been illegal in this country for years

i take it that you have not heard about the handgun ban in the uk .......... what a sucsess that was .......... NOT HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SHOT WITH HAND GUNS SINCE 1997??? !!!

I like American gun laws, I only wish we had them here in the UK. Actually to be fair what people don't know is that we do have a Second ammendment in the UK the 1689 act whch proclaimed that any Protestant may have a gun for self defence and made it a God given right, but that has now been superceded by draconian European anti-gun legislation.

The 2nd Ammendment was based on the original British Act to Bear Arms. How far Britain has come from the good "ol days" I guess.

i take it that you have not heard about the handgun ban in the uk .......... what a sucsess that was .......... NOT HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SHOT WITH HAND GUNS SINCE 1997??? !!!

yes people have been killed but you will never know how many would have been killed if the ban was not put in place. imagine the massacre if everyone could get there hands on a gun and ammo with no difficulty.

yes people have been killed but you will never know how many would have been killed if the ban was not put in place. imagine the massacre if everyone could get there hands on a gun and ammo with no difficulty.

You have guns? And what makes you different from those you say will kill people? Do you go around shooting people? Have you ever shot someone? I have, and was asked to do so for country? Does that make me unstable? Hell no.. Just makes me a better shot is all :hmm: .. You need to focus on the thugs as they are the group of people that do the killing? Not blokes like you and I :yp: