Went to buy a new rifle...

Billy.

I popped to the local shop after being told that they had a couple of .270 riles in stock.

I was amazed when they showed me a gun that wasn't mentioned over the phone. A Ruger .270 M77 Mk II with Timoney Trigger, Floating Barrel, 30mm Scope Mounts AND a T8 sound moderator all for 325 quid!!

The bolt was so smooth and it looked like it had been fired about ten times

"I'll take it" I said

The gun was taken upstairs and the lad went off to go and get the sound mod...

"Can't find the mod" He said after a good hunt around

All the lads in the shop started to look for it and eventually after 20 mins came to the conclusion that it must have been stolen... (STOLEN? I thought)

They rang the trade company to see if they could get me one for trade price because of the trouble... They were told that the mod is 195 quid trade... Gutted.

I then said, "Why not claim it on insurance and just sort me out with a new one then?"

"Our excess is 200 quid"

Gutted.

I left without the gun :good:

(they did say they'd ring me if it turns up, or a second hand one turns up, so none of you lot can get your grubby hands on it :good: )

I will obviously take any offers on any unwanted T8's 1/2" UNF :good:

Edited by harfordwmj

Sounds strange. I've often looked at stuff without supervision in shops but to not notice something like a mod not being handed back seems very lax.

Oh no, what makes this even funnier is that the gunroom is downstairs in the basement and you have to ask to go down there and you are accompanied by a member of staff who opens the glass cabinets...! The mod was supposedly locked in a glass cabinet with the rifle.

Oh no, what makes this even funnier is that the gunroom is downstairs in the basement and you have to ask to go down there and you are accompanied by a member of staff who opens the glass cabinets...! The mod was supposedly locked in a glass cabinet with the rifle.

Sounds like one of the idiots left it under his coat then haha :good: Just hope it turns up!

I popped to the local shop after being told that they had a couple of .270 riles in stock.

I was amazed when they showed me a gun that wasn't mentioned over the phone. A Ruger .270 M77 Mk II with Timoney Trigger, Floating Barrel, 30mm Scope Mounts AND a T8 sound moderator all for 325 quid!!

The bolt was so smooth and it looked like it had been fired about ten times

"I'll take it" I said

The gun was taken upstairs and the lad went off to go and get the sound mod...

"Can't find the mod" He said after a good hunt around

All the lads in the shop started to look for it and eventually after 20 mins came to the conclusion that it must have been stolen... (STOLEN? I thought)

They rang the trade company to see if they could get me one for trade price because of the trouble... They were told that the mod is 195 quid trade... Gutted.

I then said, "Why not claim it on insurance and just sort me out with a new one then?"

"Our excess is 200 quid"

Gutted.

I left without the gun :hmm:

(they did say they'd ring me if it turns up, or a second hand one turns up, so none of you lot can get your grubby hands on it :hmm: )

I will obviously take any offers on any unwanted T8's 1/2" UNF :good:

OK so if it was £325 with the T8, how much are they going to knock off the price now that it has gone walkabout?

OK so if it was £325 with the T8, how much are they going to knock off the price now that it has gone walkabout?

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm::D :D :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Got there to buy it and the price tag (minus the sound mod) had been raised from £225, to £275. I would have thought it was me being forgetful about the price, but they'd just scribbled a 7 over the top of a 2...!!!!!

I was fuming mad and I was demanding the owner to come and explain how he can just stick £50 onto a gun, especially when i rang up the day before to tell them to keep it aside for me.

It turns out it was priced up wrong. I should have ******* bought it whilst I had the change :mad:

Still blooody bought it though! :good: