The Essex Team Shoot Booking Thread

Mungler

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any members of team 1 or 2 want to do a swap 100 fibre wads? They are Eley Firsts 7/2. I wanted to get some plastics for this. Maybe if you need a couple of boxes of Fibres for the odd haybale a swap would be advantageous??

Kick off for Team A is 8.30. We need to be there for 8am for registration which means TP will be leaving home at about 2am to get there on time :good:

No blow outs on our team which remains:

Bagsy

Broken Man

Mungler

Peter De La Mare

Tosspot

Directions Here

I'll be on a speed march as I'd forgotten it's the little lads birthday :lol:

Quick reminder of the team and details chaps. Shoot is 100 birds over 13 stands and the cost is £28 per person. See you there :yes:

T'was a good shoot day. Far easier than the UK Grand Masters, thank goodness, though it didn't stop me from shooting like a Hebrew. Got better as the round went on dropping only 1 each on the last 6 stands or so, but having a mare on a couple of stands failing to hit any of some of the birds. I realise that I'm extraordinary **** at reading targets, one bird I was only giving 3 feet when it needed 12. :yahoo:

Mung kicked all our ***** again with an excellent 85/100. Broken Man got 80, Basgy 63 and Tosspot 71.

I got 76/100. The team ended up on 375/500 and currently 2nd overall, though that's likely to change. The team with Scott Greenfield in (the one that always wins) was on 394, Scott being overall High Gun on 86/100 so far. The wind dropped completely after we'd shoot, a couple of the stands were badly affected by wind, one being unshootable until breaks in the gusts.

Pool shoot was good as well. Mung and I on 19/25, Tosspot either 18 or 19 as well. High Gun was 22/25 Scott Greenfield again.

Thanks Bagsy for organising our team.

Looking forward to next year's shoot now. :yahoo:

Edited by Peter De La Mare

An excellent day! Really really enjoyed myself. Hoping for 70% but managed a 69 (but enough of that, boom tssss). The layout was fairly standard stuff to be honest, nothing in terms of difficulty i wouldn't see at my local shoots but it was still easy enough to miss!

I did my usual trick of repeatedly shooting in the same wrong place over and again on a few stands but slowly managed to pull myself out of it on others. Getting there.

:yahoo: My team was great,we had a good laugh....no orange clays Im glad to say but got screwed bt a rabbit, im normally spot on with rabbits but it caught me and Mung right out, it killed my confidence as I had only dropped 3-4 clays up to that point!!!! Mc shot average until after the rabbit and then upped his game and finished on 80..well done dude!!

Scores were

mc..80

me..77

Markio..69

longshanks..69

Raja clavata...whos only been shooting a few monthas and this was his first comp, not at all ohased and probably too hard on himself...56

team score 351

we shot with the ETL people , what a nice bunch!!! :yahoo:

Edited by Evil Elvis

Aye it was a damn fine shoot, hats off to the organisers for prompt starting and no queues anywhere. Only one breakdown while I was in the stand :yahoo: but on the whole a top marks shoot.

I was shooting a little off pat until the rabbit stand and then got in the groove straighting the last 3 stands and 5 overall. Nice to meet some old and new faces today.

Hats off to mungler for the 85, I was pleased with an 80 which is 9% over my average as opposed to Catamongs 3% under par performance. Still he had the oppurtunity to shoot with us but declined as he had a tanning booth appointment.

I am suprised at Scott Greenfields score, to be 6 behind him will do me. I wait to see the overall scores but I reckon Steve Lowes will take that place away from him, as last year.

Enjoyed it as ever - great company and I really do mean that but obviously in a hetrosexual sense.

Highlight of the day for me was the cup of tea and burger on stand 10 - it was fantastic and put out my hangover. Hats off to the organisers for thinking of that - a few of the flash CPSA venues could learn a trick or two :yahoo:

Lowlight was blanking the rabbit - complete lack of course management and listening to the other team telling me I was behind it when I was in front of it - lesson learned there :yahoo:

Looking forward to the next one :yahoo:

Pleased the organisers caught some luck and some good weather this year :yahoo:

If only there was one of these more regularly - once the Mays one is done, then that's it until the Essex Masters next year.

Just snuck on to say cheers for an excellent day. Top stuff as always - apart from the fact I'm shooting like a cock lately again :yahoo:

Some good targets and some good shooting from the others on both teams. Hung around for a bit to see team B but I reckon they were playing in a bush somewhere :yahoo:

We got stuck on the way back at the tea tent, I have to say the food was far superior at the half way house than the township at the start.

Even the tea was freshly made not some pre packed ****.

Sorry we missed out on the chance to give you some stick, never mind there is always 3 weeks time. How are the old two bob bits? Have you thickened up yet?

Edited by MC