Scotts and Irish lads

LeeinVA

Yes, the song.. As far as your quick whitted thinking :hmm: Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while :lol:

:D

heres another one, its in my signature too

if you search google theres a lot of songs about ulster/ireland, especially for the somme

Edited by babbyc1000

Is there a holiday or a recognized day in Ireland regarding those who fell in the wars?

technically yes; theres rememberance day on 11th november, but the nationalists see it as a british day, so much so that the ira bombed a rememberance day service in enniskillen a few years back; i dont know what way they work in southern ireland but i do remember once seeing the irish army on the tv attempting to march in step for something :hmm:

Us Celts are Gods bairns! Well used to being the 1st into battle; after the engerlish colonised us (or tried to) we`v been pretty much thrown into battle 1st as we were deemed to be dispensable!!

In fairness though there are english soldiers out fighting the taliban etc alongside the Celts and God tells me he`s keeping any eye on them too; tough lads the lot of them.