Fox Bait Station

Blackbart

I had nowt to do today so i thought i would go up the farm and muck about.I have tried baiting for foxes but i thought i would try something that would last a bit longer and keep them comig back,so i came up with this idea.

attachment=22444:drilled.jpg

Its just an old feeder and i have drilled a load of holes in it to let the wind pick up the smell and let it drift with the wind.

Next i needed something smelly to put in it,so....i raided the darkest depths of the freezer first and came up with a trout i caught at kielder last year! Some sausage meat left over from xmas,to this i added 2 rabbits with their guts hanging out and a bit of meat dog food.As time goes by i will add more THINGS

attachment=22445:minger.jpg

This is what it looks like complete with a mallard wing and rabbit fur(to give a bit of movement that charlie may zoom in on)The mallard wing was one of our ducks that charlie took last night incidentaly.

attachment=22446:feeder.jpg

And this is it from the (hopefully)firing point.I may move it as when i ranged it from here it is 270 yards.Finaly i scattered some freebies around for charlie to feast on.

attachment=22447:firing_point.jpg

post-5683-1234913515.jpg

post-5683-1234914138.jpg

post-5683-1234914465.jpg

post-5683-1234914670.jpg

Hope it works for you BB, though 270 yards? What're you planning on shooting him with :yes:

Not sure John but i thought i could try a Bullet ! :good:

Yes it is a tad far out,but i have shot a few at this distance.I actually put it there and then drove round to where the probable shooting point would be and it was then i realised it was 270 yards.I shot one sunday night that was 261 yards so not much further.Our duck pond at the back of the farm is just over the hill and is frequented often by charlie so he should feel comfortable there.

Forgot to say its a 22-250

This is mine done quite a few bits to it to suit my needs. one thing well worth doing was getting the ifor williams canopy powder coated, difficult to get a colour match but certainly better than silver. Also the tree sliders and body sliders are worth putting on for those tight places.

post-7404-1234879390.jpg

Get yourself a bottle of skunk scent and pour a little on an old straw bale works fantastic for me, dont spill any on your hands though, you cant wash the smell away you have to wear it away, anyone that has been driving in North America will know how strong it smells you only need to drive over a dead one (skunk) and the whole car is stinking even if you were doing 70mph, thats how bad it is.

Regards Jimmy

I think you should stick a timer alarm to it, with a piece of meat, so you can get an idea as to when the charlies are frequenting the bait box. Get out there at whenever the timer has been saying (consistently over the past week) and get ready to dispatch a round into it

Looks really good though. I will certainly give it a go. :good:

Edited by harfordwmj

Are you driving then ? :yes:

Have no fear - Mr Taylor has signed off "the other" bit now :look:

Get that HMR Zeroed pronto :good:

Shuddupayaface :D

I'm so glad he let you have the 223 on that patch. Did the neighbour let you shoot that bit too?

I'll try and get the .17 zeroed, but I'm out of bullets and I'm off to Notts tomorrow.... I'll see if there are any gunshops up there and keep my fingers crossed that the bullets are as cheap as the booze :D

Get yourself a bottle of skunk scent and pour a little on an old straw bale works fantastic for me, dont spill any on your hands though, you cant wash the smell away you have to wear it away, anyone that has been driving in North America will know how strong it smells you only need to drive over a dead one (skunk) and the whole car is stinking even if you were doing 70mph, thats how bad it is.

Regards Jimmy

UUUM skunk sent you say :yes: sounds good, I have still to try my Horse Hoof bait as per NTTF instructions,, it fair whiffs a bit now :good:

It should work. Anythings worth a try. Put some CHUBB dog food in, from LIDL, get the tripe flavour, it really stinks.

I am going to put some cat food in it and a few lumps scattered around and basically chuck anything in there that i find,roadkill etc.The smellier the better.Going to have a look at it tonight to see if the freebies are gone,also just to the right of it there is a gate and i smoothed the mud under it so i could see any charlie tracks.