Car Service

steve_b_wales

My Freelander 2 is due for it's first service in two weeks time. The dealers (Stratstone) have just quoted me £369.00 for the service. I read somewhere once, that you now don't have to take your vehicle to the dealer, but as long as you use Land rover parts etc, another non Land rover garage can do the service instead. Stratstone has just told me 'NO', well they would would'nt they! Are they correct?

Thanks

Steve

Edited by steve_b_wales

Thanks lad's. I telephoned Stratsone again later, after writing this thread, and have ordered a fuel filter, oil filter and air filter. This was suggested by a friend of mine who has his own garage. The parts, which I will pick up later today (Tues) come to just over £60. Another car parts shop quoted me £57 for 'copies' The service will cost me £40.

So, I'm going to save myself quite a few quid, which means that I will have to spend the 'savings' on some shooting related item/s.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by steve_b_wales

for god sake dont get it from Cardiff if they offer - Bob (Sales Manager) was a right **** with me when l bought my TD4 Freelander from there. They lied about loads of things that had supposedly been done to it before we recieved. (new tyres/sunroof overhaul/broken internal fascia) :)

Since has been picked up (by them) twice and driven back to cardiff to have work done under warrantee as they would not let my local Stratstone do the work in Aylesbury - "because of we are seporate businesses, and what we charge will be far less than another garage" :) was what we got. cars all fine now - Stratstone can whistle for my servicing......although Aylesbury do ring to bring to our attention that servicing is required.....*******. :good::P