Anyone seen the special resolution in PULL this month?

Peter De La Mare

Isn't it amazing how many new members have joined up and come here specifically for the lively cutting edge debate on this matter rather than visit any of the other dedicated clay shooting websites and their respective forums :lol: Google must update very quickly to list this a searchable subject / topic.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it amazing how many new members have joined up and come here specifically for the lively cutting edge debate on this matter rather than visit any of the other dedicated clay shooting websites and their respective forums :lol: Google must update very quickly to list this a searchable subject / topic.

Indeed. This thread is actually number one result on Google for the keywords - CPSA special resolution :ermm:

I wish it was as easy to get my ******* website to the top slot on Google :good:

Yes it is at the top spot of Google, which is exactly how I found this site, and I expect the other new members you have referred to as well.

So why should you be suprised, people are probably taking more notice of this subject than you give credit.

I am begining to wish I had not bothered asking as many on here are suspicious, un-welcoming, rude and critical, I have only been on here 5 minutes and already someone is calling me Iffy Smiffy.

Perhaps someone could direct me to the other forums you mention and I will leave you all in peace and see what sort of response I get from them, hopefully they will be more friendly.

Thanks to the moderator for saying welcome.

Smiffy.

Anyway,

Back on track, what is this all about and is it a good thing or a bad thing if Boakes has a vote or not?

Smiffy,

Don't take it to heart, everyone new gets the same treatment. It is a wonder anyone ever stays.

Edited by MC

Yes it is at the top spot of Google, which is exactly how I found this site, and I expect the other new members you have referred to as well.

So why should you be suprised, people are probably taking more notice of this subject than you give credit.

I am begining to wish I had not bothered asking as many on here are suspicious, un-welcoming, rude and critical, I have only been on here 5 minutes and already someone is calling me Iffy Smiffy.

Perhaps someone could direct me to the other forums you mention and I will leave you all in peace and see what sort of response I get from them, hopefully they will be more friendly.

Thanks to the moderator for saying welcome.

Smiffy.

Hi Smiffy, welcome to the clay shooting section of PW. :good:

Sorry for missing your question earlier, as the OP I take for responsibility for your hurt feelings. :lol: If you really want to get into the politics of the CPSA, and I recommend that you don't, then please have a good read of http://www.claysporting.com/index.php?name...ewforum&f=6

Edited by Peter De La Mare

I'm no lawyer - perhaps some one with more knowledge than I can advise but it would appear to me that some people (and perhaps the PW site) could be exposing themselves to litigation here - there's a lot of defamatory remarks flying around

Edited by Bigweed

Hi Peter and thanks

I never said I was that interested in politics, just realised there was something big going on and requested a bit of info that was all. Trying to form an opinion at the moment with little information. wondering if I should vote, how I vote,how I get one of these proxy forms and where to send it at the minute.

I feel being a cpsa member I should do the responsible thing and vote, at least I can bitch about it afterwards if it does not go the way that does the most for me, I can't say as I respect people that much that don't vote and then bitch afterwards as they always do.

Thanks anyway I will check out this other forum and see what they have to say, by the way what is an OP ?

Best Of.

Smiffy

I'm no lawyer - perhaps some one with more knowledge than I can advise but it would appear to me that some people (and perhaps the PW site) could be exposing themselves to litigation here - there's a lot of defamatory remarks flying around

OK, OK, your avatar is of someone allegedly bragging about receiving his Giro :lol:

Hi Peter and thanks

I never said I was that interested in politics, just realised there was something big going on and requested a bit of info that was all. Trying to form an opinion at the moment with little information. wondering if I should vote, how I vote,how I get one of these proxy forms and where to send it at the minute.

I feel being a cpsa member I should do the responsible thing and vote, at least I can bitch about it afterwards if it does not go the way that does the most for me, I can't say as I respect people that much that don't vote and then bitch afterwards as they always do.

Thanks anyway I will check out this other forum and see what they have to say, by the way what is an OP ?

Best Of.

Smiffy

Smiffy, you have a PM. Just letting you know how to vote for, or against, the resolution. :lol:

3 1/2 years for me, I'd have got less for armed robbery.

Yeah, but you're still a "Newbie" in my book, and I've gone out of my way to make you especially welcome on this forum, I even gave you a free lesson in how to shoot Sporting about a year ago..!! :yes:

Cat.

• 4 weeks later...

All that hoo ha to restrict someone from having a vote on the board?

He is still in his job this fella Boakes is he not?

Honestly, he should have fallen on his sword by now, but he hasn't. So how do the members get rid of him? There's only one AGM a year :sick:

It will be interesting to see exactly what change (if any) follows.

It won't make any difference to the CPSA, they have their own agenda and don't care what anyone else thinks. I have tried talking to them and they ignored everything I said.

As Cat has said several times he has been a member for 30 odd years and nothing has really changed in that time, why do people think that it will change now the CEO doesn't have a vote? He will still pull the strings.

As far as I am concerned they do nothing for me, I will do nothing for them.

They can keep sending me as many "RED" renewal forms as they like, I will not be rejoining this year.