HIDE POLES

A few years ago I bought some posh hide poles which cost be best part of £60 bucks.

After a year, they started to bend and buckle, and the treads snapped. I then bought some extendable washing line props from me local 'Poundstrecher' for £1.20 a throw, a tin green and brown matt spray paint from 'Shermans Model Shop' for £4 and sprayed the poles...........................jobs a good un!!

They do need a touch up from time to time.

Paul in North Lincs.

I have done the same, using the cloths props from Wilkinsons. I have made a slight modification to them and IMO they are good as any. I'm not tight :) , but I can't justify paying £45 for the proper ones which look very similar to ordinary cloths props with kick plates

newfolder063.jpg

newfolder064.jpg

I have done the same, using the cloths props from Wilkinsons. I have made a slight modification to them and IMO they are good as any. I'm not tight :) , but I can't justify paying £45 for the proper ones which look very similar to ordinary cloths props with kick plates

newfolder063.jpg

newfolder064.jpg

Exactly the poles I ahve, with out the modifications. I'm just going to nip the bottoms up in a vice, drill holes at ten metre intervals on opposite sides to try and drop the weight down a bit