magnet good or bad

fert

can any one help. are magnets really worth the money. i have borrowed one of a friend on 4 separate acasions and after lugging the bloody thing across the field. had to bring it in on every outing just leaving a floater and deeks out then the pigeons come in.themagnet is pretty old quite bulky and very heavy.it has only one speed witch is preety slow.do variable speeds help if so what speed is best.and how long do the arms need to be.

any help or feed back would be appreciated as im mulling about buying one but still in 2 minds

cheers fert.

Haven't used mine at all this winter even on the osr, i now mainly use a flapper with an intermitent timer.

I think it depends on how overshot your fields are, two of the fields i shoot are very over killed e.g someone there nearly every day with a magnet.

So if i do choose to shoot these fields i only use the flapper or nothing at all, only decoys.

Magnet certainly helped me on OSR at the weekend. On entering the field , birds landed in sitty trees about 200 yards away from me. As soon as they saw the magnet, in they came. They wouldnt have seen decoys in the rape.

I would say its only ever an aid though...as stated, if the birds arent there or your in the wrong place....

Mack