Feinwerkbau sport (Spelt right?)

shalako

Hi,

I am a newbie to this forum and getting back into airgunning. Usually use a shotgun for hunting but like the Air Rifle as an option for Rabbits and Rats because they are so much less disruptive. In my day (Showing my age here, during the 80's)) the best gun at the time was the Feinwerkbau sport (Which I have probably spelt wrong) for accuracy, balance etc. I now see they no longer seem to exist, does anyone know of a good modern equivalent?

I took delivery of a nice FWB 124 last week making a total of 5 that I now own. As you can tell- I am a bit of a fan of the rifle. As has been said already- they are still viewed as extremely good air rifles- but progress has been all pcp nowadays (though not for me- I wouldnt give one house room).

If you feel like reliving your youth with one- they can still be bought s/h- BUT they attract some high prices nowadays. Expect to give somewhere between at least half again and maybe as much as twice now as their new sale values back in the day. As for a modern equivalent- that very much depends on the pcp or springer route you take. You may find the occcasional sport come up on the airgunbbs.com. I think also Euroguns had one as well recently- but the price was very high.

Dave :hmm:

Iwas heavily into airguns in the days of the "sport".I tried several of them and came to the conclusion that their popularity was down to the aigun world writers who used them as much as the guns themselves.Im not saying for one minute that they werent a good gun but i think that they are experiencing the benefit of nostalgia.Any modern pcp will make the gun look silly on both accuracy & power levels - i seem to remember that the original 45 finally finished them off ( the 45 was a superb gun that was very under-rated) :hmm:

For their time the FWB Sport was probably the best springer around - and I've had most makes/models in my time.

The long, soft spring made cocking very easy compared to most others, and the light weight and balance made it a superb shooter.

As others have said, the modern pcp's re-wrote the rules on accuracy, but somehow I managed to shoot 370 rabbits with my sport in one summer period....

Don