Those were the days !!!!

old rooster

Who remembers "ratting" on the old canal till way after dark and going home to a house unlocked,lighting bangers, waiting till they fizzed and dropping them down drains? We blew a manhole cover off 100 yards (metres to you young 'uns) down the road once,probably caused by us igniting methane gas.

Who remembers kids programmes like "Supercar", "Fireball XL5", and "Stingray"?

I can't find anyone else who used to watch "Torchie the battery boy", surely it's not a figleaf of my imagination :D

:lol::lol: I remember Torchie... :P

What about Champion the Wonder Horse and Gigantor :lol:?

Happy Days, I lived on a small estate and did the Village paper round... I knew every family and every child... doors were always open and if your mum was ill you just popped round the neighbours for some scoff.

Now when I go back to the village everybody is from Middlsex, Kent or Surrey and they wouldnt P**s on you if you were on fire...

Times have changed but not all for the better.

FM.

who had a black widow catapault?

essential bit of kit, i never left home with out

Mine IS a Bungay, yes still have it in my treasure box. also have a mould for making shot about 9/16" dia:. Could knock a roosting pheasant out of a tree on a moon light night and not sound was made, always told Dad I found the bird on the road side (road kill), thought that best, as he was the local policeman. :lol:

Best regards,

Feather,

What about the Chopper bike, and going down the hill on a book and skate before some wise **** made them into skateboards, pathfinder shoes with the compass in the heel and the duffel coat your mother made you wear. Being sent to the headmaster for the slipper was a real punishment and your parents didn't sue him, wonder how teenagers of today would have copped with life back then. They are missing a lot , great days wandering the fields with your catapult looking for small birds to feed your Kestrel on, "sigh" happy days.

Peregrine

That must be a lie Feather surely they didnt have cars on the roads in the 1800,s :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers...

FM.

Thats a good one my Friend, :lol::lol::lol: you are quite right. My pheasants were killed by pony and trap on their way to market in Kings Lynn, :lol::lol::P .

Best regards,

Feather.