Mexican Flue

Boromir

well its scared 105 mexicans to death so far, so there may just be something in this one

Reading the news reports anyone else that has caught it has had mild symptoms and a full recovery. Guess there's not that much to worry about at the moment then. I suspect the poor conditions and costly health care in Mexico has a lot to do with the death toll. People have always died of flu when there is an outbreak. I suspect this will turn out to be another SARS or Bird Flu - remember how the press blew those out of all proportion?

JD

Reading the news reports anyone else that has caught it has had mild symptoms and a full recovery. Guess there's not that much to worry about at the moment then. I suspect the poor conditions and costly health care in Mexico has a lot to do with the death toll. People have always died of flu when there is an outbreak. I suspect this will turn out to be another SARS or Bird Flu - remember how the press blew those out of all proportion?

JD

You're spot on Jammie. It seems form initial reports that healthy folks who can get any sort of health care recover. A lot of Mexico is VERY poor and healthcare is not available, top that with poor nutrition and unsanitary conditions and it's easy to see why is cause so much trouble for the Mexicans.

The next thing I'm waiting for is our food prices to start to rise as a large portion of farm workers in the US are Mexcian immigrants (both legal and illegal) and fear mongering over workers infecting food supplies and lack of worker due to the illness.

I asked my FEO for an increase on my .17hmr, .223, 5.56 & .308win recently, he phoned today to tell me everything was fine and that it was agreed and asked if i wanted to change my storage location to an underground bunker. Does anyone know what the current price for buckshot with fibre wad is? i don`t want to litter the countryside while shooting slobbering peasants in the *****.