HGV question

Breastman

You can always tell whos drives lorrys for the living.

They are always tanned down one side of the body.

:hmm: :look:

Its an A road its starts out as a dual carriageway then its a single road each way, most lorries do go at 50 to 60 mph but some just frustratingly do 35mph, making you late for work.

Leave earlier then :yes:

And on what experience do you base that comment young sir. I doubt that you will remember rail frieght, or the 3 0r 4 days it used to take to get delivery of something instead of the overnight service you now enjoy. And what makes car drivers think they have the right over HGV's to be driving on the roads? How much is your vehicle exise duty? And how much is A trucks?

If you've got it, a truck brought it

I base it on the fact I work in railway engineering, and increasing the traffic on the network will line my pockets even further :look:

You can always tell whos drives lorrys for the living.

They are always tanned down one side of the body.

Yeah, truck drivers arm takes some beating :look: .

Some years it looks like I've had an arm transplant! :yes:

John (truck driver)

And it pi$$es me off when a lorry is going 35 mph in a 60mph zone on an 8 mile stretch of a single carriageway and you cant pass because of oncoming traffic.

Mean come on 35 mph in a 60 is taking the pi$$ and your talking about time regulations well it seems some of you have all the time in the world.

The dual section would be 50MPH

The limits were set when Braking capabilities of HGVs wernt as good as they are now.

Just dont try overtaking them on a hill or over a solid line... as it hurts occasionally!!

The dual section would only be 50 mph if seperated by a barrier from the other carriageway

And it pi$$es me off when a lorry is going 35 mph in a 60mph zone on an 8 mile stretch of a single carriageway and you cant pass because of oncoming traffic.

Mean come on 35 mph in a 60 is taking the pi$$ and your talking about time regulations well it seems some of you have all the time in the world.

Again I ask the question, what makes you think you have more right to that section of raod than any other user? You are obviously ignorant of the law when you say that a HGV driver obeying the law is taking the pi$$ and don't forget what he does and how he drives is recorded all day on the tachograph and can be prosecuted 12 months after, not like you brake for the brightly painted camera and speed up again. And as has been said later, leave earlier for work instead of speeding. Oh and persistant speeding is one of the main reasons for FAC revocation, shows disregard for the law

Again I ask the question, what makes you think you have more right to that section of raod than any other user? You are obviously ignorant of the law when you say that a HGV driver obeying the law is taking the pi$$ and don't forget what he does and how he drives is recorded all day on the tachograph and can be prosecuted 12 months after, not like you brake for the brightly painted camera and speed up again. And as has been said later, leave earlier for work instead of speeding. Oh and persistant speeding is one of the main reasons for FAC revocation, shows disregard for the law

Did I says I speed? I rarely go above 60mph and Ive been driving for 4 years and have only been stopped just for a spot check and never been caught by a speed camara. And before you jump ahead again I do not drive bumper to bumper with the lorries I always make sure i see there mirrors.

95% of the lorry drivers go above 50mph, so 95% are breaking the law. And I thought speed limit for the road im talking about is 50mph not 40mph

And what I hate most is Buses not Lorries.

And I leave work at the same time every morning and make it on time most of the time, so why should i leave earlier?

Did I says I speed? I rarely go above 60mph and Ive been driving for 4 years and have only been stopped just for a spot check and never been caught by a speed camara. And before you jump ahead again I do not drive bumper to bumper with the lorries I always make sure i see there mirrors.

95% of the lorry drivers go above 50mph, so 95% are breaking the law. And I thought speed limit for the road im talking about is 50mph not 40mph

And what I hate most is Buses not Lorries.

Bit of a strong emotion to be wasting on an inanimate object

And I leave work at the same time every morning and make it on time most of the time, so why should i leave earlier?

So you are happy with the 95% who are breaking the law but the 5% who obey the law attract your wrath. Those drivers may be fac holders keen to preserve their licences.

so why should i leave earlier?

Typical selfish attitude

You have two choices. leave at the same time every day and be on time MOST of the time. or leave earlier and be on time all of the time. Just don't whinge about law abiding road users who pay up to 20 times the amount of road tax you do. Not getting caught by a speed camera is easy, as per my last post, see the brightly painted yellow object, hit the brakes then speed up when past it. And 4 years of driving experience hardly scratches the surface, I have 36 years, 32 in HGV, travelling many thousands of miles, throughout Europe, the old Eastern Bloc and Middle East, so I think I'm pretty experienced

So you are happy with the 95% who are breaking the law but the 5% who obey the law attract your wrath. Those drivers may be fac holders keen to preserve their licences.

so why should i leave earlier?

Typical selfish attitude

You have two choices. leave at the same time every day and be on time MOST of the time. or leave earlier and be on time all of the time. Just don't whinge about law abiding road users who pay up to 20 times the amount of road tax you do. Not getting caught by a speed camera is easy, as per my last post, see the brightly painted yellow object, hit the brakes then speed up when past it. And 4 years of driving experience hardly scratches the surface, I have 36 years, 32 in HGV, travelling many thousands of miles, throughout Europe, the old Eastern Bloc and Middle East, so I think I'm pretty experienced

Get a grip up here there's not a fixed speed camara within 30 miles we get the mobile ones and my foreman got caught by one last week and they are cheeky hiding behind trees with the speedgun pointing out, so stop trying to say I speed cause I DONT only the odd time maybe in a 30 zone but on motorway no way. So please again stop trying to say I speed cause I dont know where you got the idea of ME speeding.

Most of time I make it to work, the other times im slowed down by tractors and slow lorries not most lorries. To me you make the hgv drivers sound selfish everyone has to makes adjustment to there day for hgv drivers.

You forget there 20 times bigger than a car why should they be classed different? Cause 4x4's dont.

And are you expecting me to be driving at the age of 5 or something? I wasnt saying that you where a **** driver did I? so why bring the experience up and how good you are?

And are lorry drivers supposed to have stickers on the back that say "I got a FAC so I cant speed".

Most of time I make it to work, the other times im slowed down by tractors and slow lorries not most lorries. To me you make the hgv drivers sound selfish everyone has to makes adjustment to there day for hgv drivers.

You forget there 20 times bigger than a car why should they be classed different? Cause 4x4's dont.

And are you expecting me to be driving at the age of 5 or something? I wasnt saying that you where a **** driver did I? so why bring the experience up and how good you are?

Because you said you had been driving for 4 years and only been pulled once, thats why

And are lorry drivers supposed to have stickers on the back that say "I got a FAC so I cant speed".

Because you said you had been driving for 4 years and only been pulled once, thats why, please keep track of your arguments

Nobody keeps saying YOU speed, but you seem to get miffed when hgv drivers, who have a lower limit than cars, don't.

So I'm selfish for defending those, in your words, 5% of law abiding drivers who don't speed, which through laws of not their own making unfortunately inconveniences you.

Like I said, the tachograph records everything, times, speeds distances, and a driver can be prosecuted on the evidence a tacho generates 12 months after the offence, but bizarrely can NOT use it in defence against a speed camera, because they never lie. And as for you saying mobile cameras hide, they are illegal if they don't have signs warning you of their presence, so they shouldn't really catch you out should they

The average length of a car is 16 feet 4 inches, an artic trailer is 45 feet long, that's not 20 times bigger.

Why should they have stickers saying anything, learn the law yourself and then if a lorry obeying the speed limit inconveniences you, or a farmer in a tractor, or anyone else who dares be on YOUR road at anytime, you will know they are not doing it on purpose to pi$$ you off IT'S THE LAW

Edited by fullbore

Do I now. You have said like 3 times that I speed in which I replied 2 times saying I dont. :good:. And now that you have learnt that I dont speed its now gone onto Ownership of the road, you think how lorry companies pay for the road tax? And the average car is 16 ft long you looking in America for those figures? Lorry probably got 20 times the mass.

END OFF Cant be bovvered anymore. Thank god im on Holiday tomorrow.

poeple need to get the facts right before they go dissing ok the speed limit for trucks on a A road is 40 and on duel carrage way or moter way is 50 so if a truck is doing 35 (BFG) it means hes only donin 5 less than is aloud and im guessing you dont always do 70 on the moter way and 60 on the A roads and they are maybe 20 times heaver but not bigger. And a loaded truck with a limiter set at 57 and a empty truck set at 59 means every time the loaded truck gets to a hill hes cant go as fast and then gets in the way all the time witch is very annoying.

Do I now. You have said like 3 times that I speed in which I replied 2 times saying I dont. :good:. And now that you have learnt that I dont speed its now gone onto Ownership of the road, you think how lorry companies pay for the road tax? And the average car is 16 ft long you looking in America for those figures? Lorry probably got 20 times the mass.

END OFF Cant be bovvered anymore. Thank god im on Holiday tomorrow.

And I have said in previous posts that I aren't saying you DO speed, just asking why you are annoyed with people who obey the speed limit.

16 foot long is the average length of a UK car. Probably? not a well researched argument

Thank god im on Holiday tomorrow

me too, don't rush back, Hope you're not going to Mexico

Nothing to do with the topic, or argument, per se, however in the Tayside area they have set fire engines at 100kmph(62.1 mph) and the newer ones at 80 kmph :good: Madness at it`s best :look:

You are right, it is madness, I would have thought emergency vehicles were exempt as they do not carry goods for hire and reward. We can but hope that the people who decided they SHOULD be limited find their house on fire and the engine can't get there in time to save it due to the limited speed.

You are right, it is madness, I would have thought emergency vehicles were exempt as they do not carry goods for hire and reward. We can but hope that the people who decided they SHOULD be limited find their house on fire and the engine can't get there in time to save it due to the limited speed.

Yes madness, all goods vehicles over 7500kgs and over a certain year, carrying goods or not ( think personal use like horseboxes) are restricted to 85kph, the little differences come from calibration with worn tyres believe it or not