Automatic vs Manual

tim123

ive been in fields with a m8 when the field was wet through and muddy as hell ive an auto and no problem driving once ya moveing no having to let of the gas and dip the clutch where as my m8 just about kept stopping everytime he dipped the clutch to change gear as he wasnt goin fast enough on the field he never made it up a small hill and got stuck at the bottom.

Am I right in saying some autos come with a low range and some don't.

My dad drives a auto and hates it now. Says he really misses the effect of engine breaking, and gets very distracted when driving as he doesnt have to think about changing!

you'll have a lot more options in a manual, that's for sure. I'm on an american license, so only autoboxes for me. I was looking around for something to poke around the fields in, but choices are sparse for something quality in a used diesel autobox at a reasonable price.

Some autos have low lock, some don't. Usually the same manuals that have low lock will have low lock in the auto version.

Thanks

Rick

Am I right in saying some autos come with a low range and some don't.

Some manuals don't have low range. I had a friend who's freelander's gearbox broke and the replacement was more than the car was worth.

I would research thouroughly, if your not buying new.

Phil

I'm looking at getting a 4x4 and getting rid of my clio 182. Is there any advantage to one over the other or does it come down to personal choice. Auto's seem to be alot cheaper round me.

Cheer All

Its personal choice. My choice would be a manual every time. If your only going to 'green lane' in it over muddy fields it wont really matter.

Sniff,

AUTO :good:

Every time

Having been convinced the other way until I bought an automatic for the wife

being a

Steyr Daimler Puch Van

With the 120 HP turbodiesel Sprinter engine

The dogs dangly bits :lol:

Had it 5 years or thereabouts, will keep it another 20 years

PS

Group 4 Insurance

Edited by dieseldogg