So who's out shooting this weekend?

Cosd

I know there are plenty of guys on here that won't go out unless they have watched the fields and are reasonably sure of a decent bag before going out. The general feedback from threads is that it is a quiet period at the moment.

Who still goes out and sits there for hours in the hope of bagging even just a few?

I know I do :lol:

cosd ,

I am one who will sit out on a field and hope to shoot some pigeons . But i am in the enviable postion of being able to shoot the deer and the rabbits on the farm as well . When i am out decoying pigeons on a certain part of the farm that is well known for deer passing through i will allways have my .308 in the hide me . I have allways maintained that a pigeon hide is as good as a high seat when it comes to stalking . When i am on another part of the farm i will take my .22 rimfire and hope to shoot a rabbit or two for the pot . I have shot several deer from the pigeon hide over the years and countless rabbits with the rimfire . So really never a dull moment . Incidently i had the rimfire with me today ,but did not have a shot .

Harnser .

No chance for me, at my first simulated caly day tomorrow and can't wait :lol: then am planning on hitting the Yorkshire game fair on sunday. Happy days. Although i have been know to sit outside on a snowing day for 4 hours and only bag the one pigeon, all sport is good sport as far as I'm concerned.

George

Not for me this weekend,missus working fri,sat sun evening...i gota work in the daytimes....no wind here at the mo....no pigeons for that matter....got some magpie's to deal with near truro next week..might get out for the woodies for an hour one evening in the week....i can walk to one of my permissions,so its ideal just to nip over....(wont be walking in public with the gun)...