clear pigeon

pete evans

i have shot a couple of thousand clear pigeon without a hitch. last box of 250 had 4 shells where the fibre wad was skewed in the case creating a bulge that meant that the shell was really tight going into the chamber. i didnt fire the shells but was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. if its a regular thing i may consider a diferent shell

pete

I have just started to use these on my permission and find them a cracking cartridge that seems to pattern well . Have not noticed any defects yet , but will keep an eye on them now Pete as I will have to buy some tommorow for the weekend .

How much are yours round your way here at Coleys they are £36 for 250 felt 6,s

I have just started to use these on my permission and find them a cracking cartridge that seems to pattern well . Have not noticed any defects yet , but will keep an eye on them now Pete as I will have to buy some tommorow for the weekend .

How much are yours round your way here at Coleys they are £36 for 250 felt 6,s

Barrie, I have just paid £118-00 for 1000 felt 12g no6's

LB

Aye LB he is not the cheapest , I may in the future use justcartridges for them although I can still get the Saga 's cheap in Gloucester and they aint a bad shell . Coleys don't stock the sagas as when I mentioned them he muttered something about crappy cheap carts , still at least he speaks now took him around 6 visits though . :thumbs:

Aye LB he is not the cheapest , I may in the future use justcartridges for them although I can still get the Saga 's cheap in Gloucester and they aint a bad shell . Coleys don't stock the sagas as when I mentioned them he muttered something about crappy cheap carts , still at least he speaks now took him around 6 visits though . :thumbs:

dont you find sagas to be a bit on the load side.

dont you find sagas to be a bit on the load side.

Bit confused on that one Fert

If you mean they are **** , no far from it the Saga competicion (that is spelt right) clay cart 28grams fibre 7 1/2 is a cracker I have more confidence in it's abilities than the eley firsts and last time I bought them they worked out around £2.50 a box . Have also tried out the Saga export 32 fibre 6's for pigeons,crows and they seemed a cracking cart as well , I can't remember the price but they were cheap they are made by a respected spanish company and don't forget you can get some cracking spanish shotguns at good prices as well .

If Coleys stocked these I would buy them all the time its just where we get supplies for work , the shop is opposite Coleys gunshop so I get free parking and can buy my carts in works time rather than make the trip into Gloucester and muck about finding a parking space .

http://www.saga.es/angles/home.html

A few people up the clay club use Sagas also and also reckon you cant beat them for price/performance .

Don't want to upset all you Techy guys , but don't you find if you point it in the right place it comes down :thumbs:?? It works for me, Rio Trap 7.5's for Doos and crows and the heavier game loads for Pheasant/game 6 @ 32 grm. If your shooting Hundreds and maybe housands of carts a season on your land buying the cart that suits you and can afford, is the biz. Dunno maybe I see it too simple.

Can you tell I'm in the mood to wind it tonight??? (Dubochi) Sorry.

Hammy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello,

Just adding my personnel experience after using 3000 Saga 12G cartridges with no misfires or any other problems.

I changed to the Saga brand of 12G cartridges primarily because of the higher muzzle velocity averaging around 1450fps. This high velocity should give greater effective striking energy for a given size pellet and longer effective range.

At first, using my 1/4 Teague-choke in Beretta 303 SA, I was whacking the pigeons and bringing them down but not getting the normal clean kills which was a bit of a mystery. After making a few inquiries I discovered Spanish shot size is slightly different to the UK shot size. I was informed that Spanish size-6 shot is actually bigger than the UK size-6, being nearer to the UK shot size-5! Well I changed the Teague 1/4 choke to the 1/2 choke and everything was back to normal ........well nearly, as I can now drop birds regularly at 50 yards with these Saga 36gram High-Speed 6's (UK 5's).

The 36gm High-Speed cartridges do thump on the shoulder and I now use these mainly for evening roosting shooting where some of the birds will be at long range. For shooting over decoys I use the Saga 32gram Export cartridge, shot-size 6 again with 1/2 choke, which is a little easier on the shoulder.

Hope this information is useful to someone?

Regards

Carper1948

How much are yours round your way here at Coleys they are ?36 for 250 felt 6,s

Barrie, I have just paid ?118-00 for 1000 felt 12g no6's

LB

Where from LB I need to get some.?

:yes: D2D

I've also heard that SAGA is a club for the elderley who give discounts on overseas holidays.

Does SAGA really mean:

'Senile but able to get about'?

Just a thought!

Rob.

:lol::lol:

I live not far away from their HQ and see coachloads of the so called SAGALOUTS being "deported" to Spain for the winter months, makes me shiver to think im now in my Fifties and qualify for membership ;)

:yes: D2D