Muntjac and CWD

nipper

If you were planning a trip for yourself for spring next year .To get some Muntjac and possibly a CWD.

Which part of the country would you look at first ??

There could be 3 or 4 of us altogether which might mean adjoining estates or stalking ground .

2 or 3 days stalking would be about right, and it would be between Monday and Friday .

Any contacts ,locations ,offers greatly appreciated.

We would be coming down from the Aberdeen area so it will be a full day traveling wherever we go !!!!!

I was fishing with a friend from near North Walsham in Norfolk the other day. He shoots on an estate on the broads, they have just got a professional stalker in to deal with their muntie problem. He and a paying guest had 9 munties on their first trip. They have CWD too. I will ask for the name of the stalker for you.

ft

Edit; These people do munties; http://www.angliasporting.co.uk/other_shooting_sport.asp

Edited by flytie

Flytie, if I am not mistaken, our very own Pavman is connected to that website you recommended. He's certainly featured on some of those photos. I've shot a lot of muntjac back home in Norfolk, but never had a chance at a CWD.

Baldrick, I found that site when trying to find something special to do on my 50'th. They seemed very helpful, I did not know Pavman was connected but if so he might be a good connection for our young friend.

I have only seen one CWD, I was shooting at Dillham (right on the edge of the broads), near North Walsham, and this very strange thing came hurtling out of the beating line towards the guns. It ran within 2yds of me. I would love the chance to see some again.

ft

Spoke to the other two lads today and they are still keen to get away for a couple of days. So it will be going ahead somewhere(not sure yet ) Plenty more planning to do for the time being.

There doesn't have to be CWD ,it was a bonus item if it was possible .

Don't really want to go through agents. I would rather deal with the stalker direct if I can.

Just have to wait and see what comes up !

Cheers :D

Would love to do a days stalking for munties as i'm told they are very challenging. Not having stalked deer yet i'm not sure but have been told its an excellent way to start.

I have CWD and Muntjac condition on my .222 CF but wondering whether it would be sufficient for the job. Now while I have every confidence in my .222 for fox right out to 300yds believe it or not I have never put the x-hairs on a small deer :D

Flytie, if I am not mistaken, our very own Pavman is connected to that website you recommended. He's certainly featured on some of those photos. I've shot a lot of muntjac back home in Norfolk, but never had a chance at a CWD.

well spotted Balders

PM sent :rolleyes:

Would love to do a days stalking for munties as i'm told they are very challenging. Not having stalked deer yet i'm not sure but have been told its an excellent way to start.

I have CWD and Muntjac condition on my .222 CF but wondering whether it would be sufficient for the job. Now while I have every confidence in my .222 for fox right out to 300yds believe it or not I have never put the x-hairs on a small deer :rolleyes:

you'll be fine they really are quite small deer, not sure on the challenging aspect but we do live in an area thats over run with them, usually see upwards of 15-20 on a nights lamping rabbits. They certainly make looking for charlie more interesting as they tend to be in all the hedges at a very similar height.