Pellet gun teacher is set free

The_Craws

Teacher Linda Walker, who was jailed for firing a pellet gun during a row with youths, has been freed by the Court of Appeal.

Three judges gave her a conditional discharge but refused her permission to challenge her convictions.

BBC news

There can never be a good reason to fire a weapon of any kind at anyone. Bearing that statement in mind: this teacher, who was initially jailed has now been set free for firing an air gun at youths - who for all we know might not have done anything wrong.

I think this case demonstrates fairly well how the law is not used to punish people who misuse air guns.

This case sets an example to people that they can go and use air guns to intimidate people which is totally wrong. Nothing happened this time but she could have seriously hurt someone.

Am I the only one who feels this?

If you find out all the facts she did not fire at the youths she fired at the ground and the youths were in the process of vandalising her house :D what would you of done in her shoes. we all know you cant call the police as they never get there in time. :D

I believe she fired at the ground with an empty gun. Wrong yes, but she had reached the end of her tether.

She had been abused, vandalised, robbed and intimidated for months, and despite calling for help from the police, nothing was done.

Strange, but the second these yobs complained, the police tuned up within minutes……..Bliars Britain - look after the criminals and ****** the rest. :<

G.M.

Oh right, I wasn't aware of all the specifics of the case. It isn't publicised that the gun was empty, I guess that would make the story boring and hence less profitable for the media machine. Yeh, I dont agree with what she done either regardless if the gun was empty or not. This sort of stuff gives loads of ammunition for the antis who wish to ban airguns.

always though provocation and harrasment were always taken into account certainly would have been had she stabbed someone!!

you make the assumption everyone is perfect? ie we never make a mistake? yes she was daft BUT it was an empty gun and as you say there is no excuse for firing an air weapon in public?

UNLESS ?

You are a genuine THUG you can!! if this woman had been protected by the very law that stands virtuously over her conviction then this incident would never have happened!!

re you cant go about firing an airgun in public and not get off scot free! well recent event in town I live in (Hartlepool the jewel in the crown) local lad bless him only 19 little bored waiting for a bus just happens to have an air rifle with him decides to blast off pellets at any and all stationary targets available lights/signs etc etc gets nabbed as you would expect? gets the full weight of our judicial system well and truly thrown at him ie a fine of WAIT FOR IT £47 quid and a dont be a naughty boy again?

The sentence to this woman and probable loss to the cummmunity of a teacher(would you do it?) was nothing short of barbaric

cheers Keith

I dont see any justification in shooting at people with a gun.

I can think of dozens who could do with being shot with a gun, I'd start with all the murderers and gradually work down through the rapists and paedophiles, finishing off nicely with the ******** who robbed my poor old Mum TWICE in one month. :D:D:D:D

The law is there to protect the criminal! :lol: If someone was in your house robbing you blind and you gave them a smack in the mouth then they would have you for assault.

Probably. I heard a story about some guy who was robbing a house and fell down the stairs. He broke his back and sued (sp) the people who owned the house and won! Stupid laws....

she did not attack them i stress again she fired into the ground i dont think that what she did was right but i understand why she did it. :lol:

Ricochets hurt as well and in some cases can cause more damage than they might have if it had been i direct hit so firing in to the ground is no reason to admonish her.I think she was compleatly in the wrong and deserves to loose her job and to do the month that she has done.

Discharging a fire arm in a public place is an offence in its own right wheather it is in the direction of some one or within their vacinity. Having a fire arm in a public place without being in a secure cover is also a fire arms offence.

Oh as soon as you commit an offence with an air gun it becomes classed as a fire arm

I also think there should be an inquiery in to why the police did nothing about the situation before it culminated in that incident.

Dave

Oh as soon as you commit an offence with an air gun it becomes classed as a fire arm

fair enough BUT its the inconsistencies that **** me up? local rag thursday night,

court report re an offence with an air weapon!! chap threatening his mother with one? ok he is a registered smack head bobbies go round he points it at them ? they jump him and according to the report he is lucky he does not get injured!!

magistrates judgement? 50 quid fine and bound over? now is what he did LESS threatening than Mrs Walker's exasperated response to the LACK of compassionate policing she received

now if any holier than thou's still say she deserved locking up then my response starts with aP and ends with an F

cheers Keith

Sorry about your mam, hope she is ok

LB

Thanks mate, she's a tough cookie thankfully, wouldn't have happened if there was any real form of deterrent aimed at the thieving scum who commit these crimes. 3 of the ******** broke into her bungalow at night while she was at home, didn't give a toss whether they scared her to death, another elderly couple who were "visited" by the same crew did both die shortly afterwards !!!

I'm sure I could devise a punishment that would put anyone else off the same sort of crime, it's about time the victims were given a bit more consideration instead of the criminals IMHO !!!

Criminals should have the full weight of the law brought down upon them end off!! It is down to us to vote in a government that will pass the Laws to be upheald. You cant pick and choose which laws to uphold or who you use the laws against. a criminal is a criminal irespective of their level of education or standing in the comunity.

Dave

Very sorry to hear about you mum Rooster.

I completely agree with your first post

*Rooster for Prime Mininister!*

P.S many thanks for the bike advice - I did take it all on board and now starting to iron out some problems.

Pike