what on earth is the world coming to??

I found an ad for a local gunshop that was new to me, so i decided to check it out, (sportsman gun centre in exeter) and i was just casually browsing and admiring the rediculously expensive purdy's and such when my eyes fell upon a .50 cal, my jaw dropped as i drooled over this superior being, and i came to think, what on EARTH would ANYONE in the uk need a .50 cal for? perhaps shooting deer from 2 miles away? I guess target shooting but where can you find a civilian shooting range that can accomodate the range of a .50 cal round? Im either being really stupid but can someone please explain to me how you could gain a variation for one on your license for one? i am quite stumped on this :no:

thanks chaps

RINGERS

Very long range paper is about the reason to own a .50. Oh, and having too much money in the bank to pay fr the rounds.

You'd need to be a member of a club that would take it and also be happy to travel to the handful of ranges that would allow you to shoot it.

Donaldsons in MK has got an AI AS50 in at the moment. *drool*

I found an ad for a local gunshop that was new to me, so i decided to check it out, (sportsman gun centre in exeter) and i was just casually browsing and admiring the rediculously expensive purdy's and such when my eyes fell upon a .50 cal, my jaw dropped as i drooled over this superior being, and i came to think, what on EARTH would ANYONE in the uk need a .50 cal for? perhaps shooting deer from 2 miles away? I guess target shooting but where can you find a civilian shooting range that can accomodate the range of a .50 cal round? Im either being really stupid but can someone please explain to me how you could gain a variation for one on your license for one? i am quite stumped on this :yes:

thanks chaps

RINGERS

Would have been very handy 60+ years ago on the south coast