Transferring Section 1&5 ammunition

DaveK, glad to see your a self confessed expert in the subject!

The information I posted is how it was explained to me by my firearms licencing officer. If he (or indeed my interpretation of what was said) is incorrect, thats fine. I along with 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the human race am NOT infaliable.

As to moving country, how about YOU learn some manners while I`m away?!

DaveK, glad to see your a self confessed expert in the subject!

The information I posted is how it was explained to me by my firearms licencing officer. If he (or indeed my interpretation of what was said) is incorrect, thats fine. I along with 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the human race am NOT infaliable.

As to moving country, how about YOU learn some manners while I`m away?!

Not expert but certainly sufficiently knowledgeable based on a broader source of information than an FLO who may know very little about shooting. Until I became perfect I used to be conceited. :good:

You didn't actually put it like that. Your post was written as if you were giving a definitive answer and not someones opinion. 99.99999etc of the human race? What about the other 10% (maths problem). :good:

wanna borrow a van? I actually said county not country.

Matt, it's not a case of manners. It's a case of someone posting information that is clearly inaccurate. Worrying but not surprising that it's based on an FLO's interpretation, hence my mention of inconsistency of interpretation.

Sorry that you took offence at it but have another read. Nowhere did I mention you or that YOU were talking rubbish. The reply was targeted at the content of the post. The moving county was a dig at the FLO there and not you. In another county you'd get better informed.

Matt, it's not a case of manners. It's a case of someone posting information that is clearly inaccurate. Worrying but not surprising that it's based on an FLO's interpretation, hence my mention of inconsistency of interpretation.

And herein lies the cause of the differing opinions of the countless forum members. It's the interpretation given by their respective FLO's that has to be adhered to by the licence holders and thats why it can cause the debates. It's not that the members are wrong it's the fact that they are ill informed. :good:

There was a Home Office Guidelines To The Police pdf (it seems to be removed now) that stated "These are guidelines only and are to be interpreted in each individual apllication"

There are two FEO's in Gwent force and they both have differing interpretations so how can you have a basis for law when the same office will see things differently :good:

:good:

Clearly some people have no idea, while others are clued up.

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio...pdf?view=Binary

The guidence is what matters - how your local FLO translates it is another issue, open to debate between them and yourself or your lawyer. It's always my FLO says this, my FLO says that. How often has your FLO given you thier interpetation of the guidence in writing??? Many times FLO's have been made to change thier thinking on an issue because thier interpetation of the guidence is incorrect and not inline with what happens in the majority of other Counties etc.

You do not need to carry licenses when out shooting, you do not need a SGC to buy or posses shotgun shells. You can buy firearm ammo and then sell/transfer it to a friend who has permission to posses.

Edited by Trex

There is a huge difference from one police area to the next. When you send your FAC in for renewal of amendmend you should ALWAYS photocopy it first. This gives you something to produce if you have to but also you should check every detail on the new certificate against the old one because errors are common.

You cannot buy ammo on a photocopy certificate obviously.

On the subject of buying ammunition for a friend the Met would not allow it. They said your certificate is for personal use only. Different police different answer.

simple thing is its perfectly legal to buy ammo for someone else if you have it entered on your ticket then effectively sign it onto the other persons ticket. As long as you don't go over the amount of ammo you can hold at one time in the meantime. Obviously you could just hand it over and no one would be the wiser because the system isn't exactly great in terms of keeping track of ammo used.

When I get my certificate renewed it comes back dated to the old expiry date so why should I pay for a period when I cannot use my firearms. In ulster we get a letter which includes a statment that we can purchase ammunition and have it recorded on the back of the letter.